All boats are missing (Not FTX related)

DunRingill

Hello!

Just a quick question. I seem to have lost all FSX boat-traffic, doesn't matter where i put the slider. This happend once before with FSX RTM. A reinstall then fixed the problem. Now I'm running FSX SP2 with quite a lot of addons, so don't want to reinstall, if possible, just to cure this "luxury-problem". I guess som BGL's have been corrupted or deleted or abducted by aliens. Anybody knows how to fix this? Can I copy som files from the FSX discs?

Thanks!  /Magnus

AU Blue, order Number: FSS0004895

Hi Magnus,

the file in question is trafficBoats.bgl in \Scenery\World\Scenery. If that's still there then you may have FS9 format AI traffic active, which will suppress any FSX format AI including the boats. Are you using AI add-ons that may include FS9 flightplans?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger!

Thank you very much! I deleted the trafficBoats.bgl and now the boats are back. No biggie really, but nice to have nevertheless  :)

By the way, I also have two files in the same folder named trafficAircraft.bgl and trafficCarriers.bgl. Are they to FS9-related and are messing something up?

Thanks again!

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

the file in question is trafficBoats.bgl in \Scenery\World\Scenery. If that's still there then you may have FS9 format AI traffic active, which will suppress any FSX format AI including the boats. Are you using AI add-ons that may include FS9 flightplans?

Cheers, Holger

Hello,

how do I recognize these files ? Or is only the trafficBoats.bgl the problem ? My boats are also missing :-(

I also tried a programm AIBTC AI ship traffic compiler, but could not see any of my traffic. But the missing boat problem was before working with AIBTC.

regards

Jochen

Archived