NZSI, NZNI - Airports missing provinces

tripecac

I've got NZSI and NZNI installed. For some reason, most of the airports are missing provinces. Even Auckland International is missing its province.

This makes it hard to find airports within a province.

I reported this problem a few months ago, and was told there would be a fix, but I haven't seen it yet.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Hi,

Technically, Provinces have not existed since 1876. After 1876 they were refered to as Counties.

By the early 1900s Counties were termed Districts and, by 1989, Regions. Today, there are 16 Regions principally based upon geographical drainage divides.

Today, the term Province is really only used to signify the geographical boundaries for specific anniversary day celebrations.

G'day Holger,

Oh, yes, I realise that :lol:

I was just impressed that default FSX (and FS9) got NZ right by not including State/Provinces in the drop down Airport menu.

(Don't mind me ... as an historian it's been a personal bugbear of mine. :D )

• 1 month later...

The new patch (NZSI 002) gives most of the South Island airports a State/Province value of "South Island".

So now, Wanaka is in "Otago" but Cardrona is in "South Island".

Grrr....

Is there any way we users can edit the scenery files to correct the airport provinces? I would really love to be able to see all airports in Southland, all in Otago, etc. Right now it's just as messy as it was before (though at least the North and South Islands' airports are kept separate).

• 1 month later...

Hi, it's been a month and a half since my last post. Still no fix on the airport provinces? This is annoying, since searching for airports within a particular province (or even island) is useless; since Wanaka is in "Otago" but Cardrona is in "South Island", you have to search all of NZ in order to see them both listed. This is very annoying!!!

Is there a way I can edit the scenery to add in the correct provinces? If someone can tell me how to do it, I'll try it, and then can share the effort with other people.

• 4 weeks later...

@ tripecac : as Holger stated the issue is noted, at the moment we all are stretched out to the limit to finish some huge projects, when Holger says he noted it then he will address the issue whit the next planned SP for that area, so for the moment have a lil patience

and while we are at it please be so kind and add your ordernumber(s) to your Sig as per forum rules.

Info on how to do that you can find here => http://www.orbxsyste...ig-for-support/

I have added my order numbers to my sig. I am curious why you haven't included order numbers in your own sig. The implication is that as a moderator you haven't needed to place any orders. However, if you have actually placed orders, I think your sig might serve as a better example if it contained order numbers rather than just a list of your hardware. Perhaps you could put your order numbers above the "ftx Moderator" graphic, and the hardware below?

Regarding patience: I first posted about this problem back in August 2012: http://www.orbxsyste...e__hl__province and was told:

The fix is fairly straightforward but it requires an airport facilities editor (like ADE) and, more importantly, our airport development source files. I've made a note to the NZ team to add the missing entries in a future service pack.

The future service pack (for NZSI) came and went, with no province names added.

So, unless I am a squeaky wheel, how can I ever expect a fix?

Shortly before your post, Chumley ( Andrew B ) wrote [and then deleted] this response to my post:

Obviously you are the only one who cares.

May be best to just let it drop and live with the inaccuracy.

Chumley is a "Life Member", with 805 posts. I find it interesting that a "Life Member" with 805 posts would tell a mere "Member" with 24 posts to "let it drop and live with the inaccuracy". Does Chumney's attitude towards my reported issue echo the feelings of the Moderators and developers as well?

ORBX has, in the past, shocked us by issuing promises such as "no discounts ever" and then later offering discounts to people of a certain age group. Ahem. So if they fall back on their promises (although I doubt they will admit it), how am I to expect the very loose language of "I've made a note to the NZ team to add the missing entries in a future service pack" to translate into an actual results, especially since the "future service pack" came and went with no fix? Am I suppose to just sit quietly and wait another X months or years until the next service pack?

The impression that I (and perhaps many less vocal or hopeful people) get is that ORBX regards its customers as a captive, ovine audience. We must accept their fixed price decrees, their demographic preferences, their unusually strict forum signature rules. We must accept everything our "superiors" say at face value, and we cannot question their wisdom, cannot speak up for our desires or our principles. We must accept, we must bow, and we must be silent.

So what's next, FTX Germany?

Archived