NZSI and NZNI - Missing airport provinces

tripecac

I have both NZSI and NZNI (and a little Godzone scenery as well). For some reason, many of my New Zealand airports are missing State/Province names. The city names are there, but the provinces are missing.

For example, going alphabetically:

Alexandra (NZLX) is in city "Alexandra" and State/Province "Otago".

Alfredton airport (NZAN) is in city "Alfredton" but the State/Province is blank.

Ardmore (NZAR) is in city "Auckland" but State/Province is blank.

Ashburton (NZAS) is in city "Ashburton" and State/Province "Canterbury".

Auckland International (NZAA) is in city "Auckland" but State/Province is blank.

and so on

It's surprising that not Auckland International and Ardmore don't have their State/Province values set, since those are two of the most popular airports, and are certainly there in the vanilla FSX scenery.

So, I'm wondering if NZSI or NZNI (or Godzone) somehow altered the data for some of the airports, deleting the provinces.

The big question is: how can I get the province names back? Is there a file I need to edit?

Hi there,

good observation, thanks for pointing it out. However, those State/Province names are actually missing in default FSX as well, as can be seen when switching FTXCentral to "Default". In other words the lack of entries wasn't noticed by anyone before and thus carried over into the Orbx renditions of those airports.

The fix is fairly straightforward but it requires an airport facilities editor (like ADE) and, more importantly, our airport development source files. I've made a note to the NZ team to add the missing entries in a future service pack.

Cheers, Holger

• 2 weeks later...

Archived