Waiting for Orbx FTX Eng but tempted by EGCC UK2000

Jimmy UK

Hi all,

I want to first make myself very clear that I will always wait for Orbx releases first being a loyal customer to you guys for a couple of years now but I have a question. I am obviously going with Orbx on the ENG base pack for sure but have always wanted my most local airport (EGCC Manchester) to be upgraded to a quality standard. I know its very difficult to predict or comment on future plans as things change and directions on which way things go will change also. Having said that all that I am Inquiring about is will Orbx be doing or considering doing a rendition of EGCC to go along with FTX ENG?. If there is any chance at all of this happening I will defo wait it out but I have had a peek at the UK2000 extreme series and they do a cracking version of EGCC as many have said. Im very tempted but firstly I wanted to be sure that there is no chance of Orbx doing this fine airport.

I have said before which is true that I only purchase and use Orbx scenery now but just in this exception that Orbx has no plans for EGCC, if my only chance for a decent standard for EGCC is with UK2000, I will then go ahead and purchase this one off scenery for like I say my most local airport.

Many Thanks

Jimmy.

ORBX said years ago that they will not make large airports any more. Also if that ever changed why make EGCC when UK2000 have made a great job already. UK2000 EGCC I have and its stunning, buy it now along with every other airport they do.

I just bought Doncaster(Robin Hood) Love it, It has new grass and made me think this is a bit "orbx" :)

I'm really looking forward to FTX ENG and I'd willingly purchase a decent Heathrow (as well as my local Fairoaks) but trusted opinions have stopped me from buying any Orbx airports due to performance issues. After a lot of time and effort I managed to get FSX, with it's myriad add-ons - running really well, I wouldn't be happy spending £20+ (which isn't exactly a great deal considering an entire country is a few pound more) only to find my frame rates dive upon approach. I'll admit, the Orbx stuff is as good as it gets, but a consistently smooth frame rate is more important. Even the free Launceston, which, lets be honest, isn't an extravagant or large airport/surrounding area, causes my rig to stumble. If I can't run a relatively simple airport on my rig then why would I risk my money on a larger one?

It's a shame but I'm more than happy with the Orbx scenery. Roll on FTX ENG, can't wait!

ORBX said years ago that they will not make large airports any more. Also if that ever changed why make EGCC when UK2000 have made a great job already. UK2000 EGCC I have and its stunning.

Thanks for your feed back and that is a good couple of points, they do look great but I just want to make sure that Orbx are not doing a rendition of these first. My goal since Orbx is finally treating us to lovely scenery for the Uk is to have some great airports to complement it. I am currently flying the Ngx and I cant see me changing for some time i love it. Hence the reason for some large airports for Uk are a must for me. I love low and slow GA but I am a tube fan at heart and with the Ngx theres no better in my opinion:-).

Jimmy

ORBX said years ago that they will not make large airports any more. Also if that ever changed why make EGCC when UK2000 have made a great job already. UK2000 EGCC I have and its stunning, buy it now along with every other airport they do.

I just bought Doncaster(Robin Hood) Love it, It has new grass and made me think this is a bit "orbx" :)

Just bought Doncaster yesterday also as I'm doing my PPL out of there. Although it was previously part of VFR Airfields Vol 3, the update really does it justice although the introduction of military aircraft is a bit strange.

Looking forward to seeing it fit in with the ORBX scenery rather than the Horizon GenX photo scenery I have now...

I think you'll be more likely to see Gary do a rendition of Goodwood than ORBX do a rendition of Manchester. They seem to prefer doing general aviation airports, which is fine by me.

I think your right Bruce, I thought id ask the question first. As much as I would love to see an Orbx version, it would be quite pointless I suppose with the great job Gary has already done. Looks like Gary for the major Uk and Orbx for the GA side of things. I know Southampton is in the makin thats what made me think before gettin Uk2000.

Come to think of it JV said that they may even compete with other airport scenerys that are already released for UK because of the high standards that we come to expect from Orbx. Is it possible that Orbx might do EGCC. Come on guys give me an incline haha. Im tempted to get Uk2000 because I would really love this airport scenery but I will wait for Orbx if theres a chance.

JV said they may compete, but he's also said no to doing large airports. Check out the demo for UK2000 Manchester, that airport is huge.

Hi Bruce a I know because Im only 7 miles from it and visit the Airport pub quite regular at the end of runway one. This is why I want this so much to fly over the pub on my approaches from where I will of stood watching. And I notice that this is included in the airport scenery aaaah, its so tempting. If Orbx say no to this then I will go and purchase it. I could purchase it anyway I suppose and then buy the Orbx version if ever it becomes available. Bit of a waste that way tho probably would just stick with what I had if I bought Uk2000 and save money to improve other places that Orbx do.

Just as a heads up......if you buy the products direct from UK2000, rather than from Flightstore, then all your cash goes to the actual developer rather than a publisher/distributor.

Admittedly, it does work out a tad more expensive to buy them separately from UK2000 (only by £5 or £6 if I remember) but the added benefit to you is that you then get direct access to updates/fixes and the fab support from an almost one man band!!!

FWIW I would also recommend any of the airports Gary does, fantastically detailed and perform like a dream frame-rate wise - even my system can get UK2000 Heathrow to run at 10-12 fps with 80% Ultimate Traffic 2 AI!!!

Regards

Steve

Jimmy The cost of Manchester (£16.99) and Liverpool(£15.49) from UK2000, you get £1 off as one is a 2nd airport, so £31.48. Buy DL fly within 5 mins.

Can this end now? :) or are we going for 3 pagers?

Jimmy The cost of Manchester (£16.99) and Liverpool(£15.49) from UK2000, you get £1 off as one is a 2nd airport, so £31.48. Buy DL fly within 5 mins.

Can this end now? :) or are we going for 3 pagers?

Lol Dave :) just a few more pages haha. Jokin aside I think we can leave it there and thanks for your info Dave and others it is much apreciated ;) .

Cheers

Jimmy

Is it possible to have a clear indication of whether FTX UK will be fully compatible with Garry Summon's UK2000 Extreme airports? I note that this has not been the case with the Real New Zealand airports in NZ North & South.

Some venders are selling a 2x airport version of the older Uk2000 airports. These boxed versions are not the same as the later Xtream versions

that are only sold direct from Gary's own webb-site. Don't get cought out..

Some venders are selling a 2x airport version of the older Uk2000 airports. These boxed versions are not the same as the later Xtream versions

that are only sold direct from Gary's own webb-site. Don't get cought out..

Thats exactly what I thought. Thanks for the HU Jaydor;-).

on the compatibility issue, I would imagine someone somewhere, UK2000 or Orbx themselves, will come up with a procedure to ensure, as far as is possible, compatibility between the sceneries, a few bgl swaps here and there, just a matter of time, a bit like the Aerosoft Lord Howe scenery with Orbx Australia.

johnny, Orbx has said almost from day one that the UK2000 airport will work with orbx ENG, there are picture showing the VFR airports with orbx ENG, the large extreme airports have not been show yet but is there any need?, if they say it's going to work it will.

The only thing that might be out is the colour pallet for the seasons as orbx have said its not for them to match the UK2000 ones and there right, the UK2000 airport were done before orbx eng came alone so they could not know what pallet orbx would use also. So apart from that and UK2000 might patch or might not patch, that's it all is fine. If it's out a bit I don't care.

Please can we end now ::);D

thanks for info,

I'm not trying to test your patience, I just thought I also read there may be mismatches in certain areas (understanding it to be potentially more than colour mismatch), so between this and that there will still be a little rework required - but in general yes I am clear on the fact that there is compatibility out of the box, in general terms.

It never will be Johnny because ORBX is not photo real and thus by it's nature will have.... pardon the phrase ruff edges, that's why you see roads cutting though house etc, photo real is perfect in that way but no autogen or seasons.

It's all about compromise and personal taste.

@Jimmy

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived