in the wake of sandy

robrooke

hi all,

just like to comment on the devastation hurricane sandy caused , & would wish all orbx users on the east coast that are affected a speedy return to normal.

watching events unfold on tv was both riveting & appalling @ the same time. good luck to all.

regards.

hi all,

just like to comment on the devastation hurricane sandy caused , & would wish all orbx users on the east coast that are affected a speedy return to normal.

watching events unfold on tv was both riveting & appalling @ the same time. good luck to all.

regards.

+1 hope all ok

Not good at all. Amazing how these storms develop. Already lives have been lost; we are kept up to date with our 24hr ABC News

here in Australia. Any one affected; our thoughts and prayers are going out to you.

Hank

Sandy rolled right overhead Tuesday morning, but here in central PA, we suffered only a little. lots of downed lines and property damage, my power was out for a few hours, but no worse than other hurricanes that have visited the area. NYC and New Jersey though took the worst of it, absolute devastation, just a hundred miles or so to the east. the mountains of West Virginia as well got dumped on by several FEET of wet snow. lots of people hurting, New Yorkers and those from New Jersey are tough, self-reliant folks, but there's never been a storm like that one. A lot of people need a lot of help.

I have just spoken to a colleague of mine who manages an R&D lab our company has in Islip on Long Island (vacinity of McArthur airport). Thankfully no loss of life or injury in our group. They reported that wind was the most remarkable part of the event with less rain than was expected. A number of our staff have no power or heating with no idea when they will get it back. Those on the southern side of Long Island got the brunt of the surge (as was to be expected). There are reports however of the southern backs getting hit dam hard especially Breezy point area.

Archived