FSX Default Hiways in the land of OZ

bailout3

I have been running ftx scenery both NA and AU for about a year now. I have recently noticed that there are fs x default highways as well as ftx. I then searched the na rockies group and all is well there. I have the latest library installed and all the ftx scenery are at the top. My most recent purchases are careando c182t and a few france vfr airports. I'm hoping I don't have to reload all my oz scenery and a/ps. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have the pictures changed to a new file type but they are still kind of large with most of them just under 4 mb but I'm stuck at uploading it to the site. I have clicked on the BBC code but it just highlights. I will give it another look tomorrow...thanks for your patience.

Hi there,

indeed, that sem to be default roads, thanks for the screenshots. Since our Orbx AU files exclude all other roads, default or otherwise, it means that there has to be a scenery add-on active above the FTX AU block of entries in your scenery library menu that contains those road vectors. I'd suggest temporarily deactivating all Australia related entries above FTX -- you can do that during a flight and thus check the effect right away -- and then re-activating them in turn to discover which one is the culprit.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks I will try that....the default roads seem to be in certain areas...YPAD...YPJT...YMMB...YSCB. The entire east coast of AU is fine. I just want to clarify the instructions...I should leave FTX central in AU on then go in to the FSX library and disable all the AU addons while flying in one of the affected areas to see if there are any changes then enable an addon one at a time to see if I can find out which one is causing the problem...is that correct?

The FSX Library priority is 1/ FTXAA airports 2/FTXAA Holermesh...3/ FTXAA Orbxlibs...4/ to 19 are AU airports. 20/ AU rds...21/AU scenery...22/AU18 shore...23/ AU custom....24/ AU25 scenery...then higher numbers of the same up to AU48 custom. Do I disable all of the above?

Thanks

Hi there,

actually, I meant deactivating add-ons other than FTX. However, if you already have all the FTX entries at the top of your scenery library menu, meaning no other add-on at higher display priority, then the issue has to be something else. Is that the case?

Cheers, Holger

Yes all of ftx are at the top as previously listed. My suspicion was maybe the france vfr airports I added caused some problem because it was soon after that install that I noticed these roads. I also installed carenado c182t but wouldn't think that would have anything to do with the problem. As mentioned earier the france vfr scenery is below all ftx that I own. One thing I'm not sure of is if ftx central was set at fsx default when I DL France vfr. Would that be a problem?

The other strange part is there are no default roads in the east coast from Sydney to Cairns.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived