Port Townsend ferry

Matt McGee

Just FYI, the Port Townsend ferry terminal is in the wrong place. (AI ferry stops in the wrong place) There are also trees and extra building in the ferry waiting lanes.

I noticed it before, but hadn't mentioned it because I didn't know if the AI ferry routes were FSX or ORBX driven in PNW.

I only mention it now because someone has done a free update that adds boats to the marinas and cars to the ferry line. (but still in the wrong place)

The ferry size is HUGE too.

Neither is a big deal to me. Not sure if it is worth including in a future PNW update since FSX is about flying not ferries :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Hi,

That is a default FSX ferry running off the default FSX shipping AI file, sometimes the route does not play kindly with the PNW shorelines as there are some differences to default FSX, but not much we can do as it all comes from a global file

The only resolution would be to make our own ferries and create our own routes, I do understand your concern and I note there are some ferries acting strangely in some places, however at this point the focus of the team is on creating scenery

Cheers

Tim

Hi,

That is a default FSX ferry running off the default FSX shipping AI file, sometimes the route does not play kindly with the PNW shorelines as there are some differences to default FSX, but not much we can do as it all comes from a global file

The only resolution would be to make our own ferries and create our own routes, I do understand your concern and I note there are some ferries acting strangely in some places, however at this point the focus of the team is on creating scenery

Cheers

Tim

I suspected the ferries were FSX driven, hence not mentioned until I saw the add-on.

Again, not a big deal. :)

Archived