Strange NZNI graphic anomilies

Vonduck

Hi guys,

I only seem to get this when flying form NZAA to Napier.... all other areas dont seem to be affected in any way...

I have reduced settings as thought it could be video memory exhaustion.. still appears though... any ideas on what to do?

Posted Image

Doug,

I'm certainly no expert, but that looks like a scenery index problem, maybe?

One of the guru's will chime in here, but I'd be checking my scenery index.

To me, ram exhaustion would be areas with spikey lines and complete blank areas, but that looks like the default scenery is on top of yout FTX.

Frank

Hi Frank,

Thats what i was thinking too.... the underlying tiles seem to come through... not sure how to correct that ... I'll check the read-me again for some help..

Appreciate your input as always Frank!

Cheers

Will try that Wolter... will report back soon!

Thanks for the suggestion!

OK, well I tried changing back to default then back to Oceania but the problem still exists.... as per picture below... this is out of Kerikeri NI

Posted Image

I did some experimenting with this and the lower to the ground i got the tiles ahead of me would change to default then to orbx tiles.... the tiles further away seem to be OK... doesn't happen to every tile just random ones...

Should i be flushing my index (however that works?)

Many thanks for taking the time to help

As a side note i have no other scenery at all on my FSX... just Orbx scenery...

Just tried something else (to cover all the bases as it were) deleted my current CFG and let it rebuild.... alas still default textures bleeding through...

Should i be validating my files as in the NZNI instructions?

Help!!

Hi Doug,

strange effects indeed :wacko:

just to make sure we are on the same line,

when you installed NZNI did you have FTX Central set to Oceania or default ?

In case off, please try the following :

switch FTX Central to default and hit Apply

go to => .....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NZ

delete :

FTX_NZNI_05_SCENERY

FTX_NZNI_06_CVX

FTX_NZNI_07_MESH

FTX_NZNI_08_CUSTOM

go to => ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts

delete :

scenerylib_NZNI.cfg

right-click FTXConfigurator and run as Administrator, you won't see much as it is a silent application.

switch FTX Central to Oceania and hit Apply

fire up fsx, you will see the scenery database updating, do a test flight over NZNI to confirm the scenery is default fsX again.

close fsX

Unzipp the OrbxFTXNZNI100.zip into it's own folder it should have the following contents, see screenshot

post-152-0-82529900-1344242215_thumb.jpg

re-install the FTX NZNI package

it should bring FTX Central to the desktop and have switched back to default fsX, switch back to Oceania and hit Apply

in case off also make sure you have the latest library files installed available here => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Hey Wolter... many thanks for the prompt reply...

I think i had the control panel to Australia? I didn't have any NZ scenery at that stage as south island came after the north on DVD...

Another user error no doubt!!

I will now follow the instructions laid out and report back..

I am so very grateful for your help Wolter! Sorry to be a pain! ::)

Greetings Wolter!

I followed exactly as you had instructed and the problem has now disappeared! What wonderful advice and direction!

Flew exactly the same area in default and just about gagged at how bad default really is! Yuk!Posted Image

After uninstalling the libraries - reinstalled, set to Oceania and all is wonderfully well! ::)

You don't know how grateful i am Wolter!

Many many thanks!

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Had the same experience with BOTH North and South Island (but not Australia), also now fixed using the method above.

However, just so I have it clear what happened (or at least what I did to make it happen): When installing new packages (and I assume patches as well) do we first check FTX Central and make sure the region (in my case Oceania) is enabled, NOT the Default? After install, Central pops up with Default FSX set, and we re-enable the FTX region?

Had the same experience with BOTH North and South Island (but not Australia), also now fixed using the method above.

However, just so I have it clear what happened (or at least what I did to make it happen): When installing new packages (and I assume patches as well) do we first check FTX Central and make sure the region (in my case Oceania) is enabled, NOT the Default? After install, Central pops up with Default FSX set, and we re-enable the FTX region?

That is correct :)

@ other posters, pleased to hear it solved your issues

Hi All you lucky ones,

Well, have just tried this, and am still getting those 'zebra' tiles, strange 'square lakes', blue ice caps and sometimes bright phosphorescent patches of colours... in the landscape, all of this more less randomly, but persistent....

Any suggestions, or might just as well stop using the NZSI?

Many thanks

Dan.

:wacko::blink:

Hi Wolter

Thanks for your reply and apologies for my late one

I have never flown over or to Antarctica (and am not aware of where the default FSX one sits to activate/deactivate it)

I will have a go at trying your steps again in order to have this working, and let you know what happens…

Also will post screen shots of the mesh not working if this helps… and the specs of my pc.. and fsx.cfg /scenery.cfg…

Many thanks

Daniel M.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Wolter

Well... there was no luck with this....

I de-installed NZSI, and reinstalled Following the instructions above...

3 (!) times.... really lost my patience here with this.... (not to mention the other ££)

Aftermath

ISSUE NOT RESOLVED

And not that keen on flying over NZ these days

I'd say NOT Happy Flights in FTX land :footmouth::blink:???:wacko: :'( :-[

Kind Regards

Dan

Dear Wolter V.D S.

Thanks for the time you have taken to read/reply my posts

Have tried to upload images for this but am (obviously) no genius for this forum format

Do I have to host the image in some web or could I just email it to you....

As per the coordinates, think this is a bit of a waste of time because this malfunction happens randomly.. but just BAD enough to spoil the simulation

An example of area would just be (randomly around) Queenstown... (shame!)

(NL 2000 works on my sim

The other day I bought Seattle with MegaSceneryEarth... works too

gottfried razek.... works!!)

I am an honest bloke, could I just exchange this for another airport scenery or something, that is not so quarrelsome

Many many thanks Orbx ftx

3 greens!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dear Wolter

Well, as usual, still not solved...

Here's the link to the S.I. bad regeneration problem

http://airman2.carbonmade.com/projects/4691053#1

Could post 1000's of images more, but have grown a bit uninterested of flying in NZ these days

As per the coordinates, think this is irrelevant as it happens randomly more less everywhere

Let us know your thoughts... and if a trade in (ref.£) could be in the cards

Needless to say not happy

:-[

http://airman2.carbonmade.com/projects/4691053#1

Better stuff here....

http://airman2.carbonmade.com/projects/4691040#1

Grusse

Dan

Could post 1000's of images more, but have grown a bit uninterested of flying in NZ these days

As per the coordinates, think this is irrelevant as it happens randomly more less everywhere

Dan

Well I would think that the coordinates are necessary so people can check what the underlying scenery is. What you are showing is nothing like NZSI so to me it appears that you have corrupted default scenery for that area or maybe a mixture of default and ORBX. Without knowing the coordinates I can't check what the default is to start making more than generalised possibilities.

I would do a repair install of FSX and then use FTX central to switch to default (or check that default scenery is being used) and then reinstall NZSI.

• 1 month later...

Hi Dan,

have you tried re-installing NZSI and service packs? Clearly, there's a basic installation issue that prevents the proper display of the ground textures. Prior to re-installing, do this:

1 - Start FTX Central and set it to Default FSX; click on Apply and exit.

2 - Browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_NZ

- Delete the 4 NZSI titled folders:

FTX_NZ_NZSI05_SCENERY

FTX_NZ_NZSI06_CVX

FTX_NZ_NZSI07_MESH

FTX_NZ_NZSI08_CUSTOM

3 - Browse to FSX\ORBX\Scripts

- Delete scenerylib_NZSI.cfg

- Run FTXconfigurator.exe (right-click: Run as Administrator; it's a silent operation meaning you won't see anything happening but it removes the NZSI scenery library entries)

4 - Browse to FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery and sort by name

- Delete all files starting with "ADE_FTX_NZSI_"

5 - Start FSX and check a few locations on the South Island whether the default landscape displays properly

Once you've gone through those steps you're ready to re-install: Right-click on the NZSI .exe file and again select "Run as Administrator". After installation has completed set FTX Central to Oceania and then check whether the landscape looks OK now. If yes install the NZSI SP.002 from our support page as well http://www.fullterra...om/support.html .

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger,

Will try it as soon as I can...

This step was never mentioned before:

"4 - Browse to FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery and sort by name

- Delete all files starting with " ADE_FTX_NZSI_""

Hope it works, will let you know...

Cheers,

Dan

Archived