Seem to have lost my dust, waves, and smoke

After installing the free Orbx West Wind 7WA3 scenery,(THANK YOU!!) I have now lost the smoke, dust ( kicked up behind the tires, etc) and coastal wave action textures. Each is now a series of dark floating spinning squares. After installing 7WA3 I reinstalled the latest Orbx NA patch (NA PNW .005) and Library files (120509).

Any ideas on how to fix this???

Hi Kerrygipe,

Hmm I see you have also posted this on AVSIM.....

I can assure you this is not caused by installing 7WA3, or the PNW patch/Orbxlibs, or anything Orbx related for that matter.....because if it was...we would be totally flooded with complaints. and we are not

Have you used ANY 'uninstallers' lately? as these would be most likely your culprit, perhaps from a 3rd party aircraft?

Try these posts for a solution:

http://www.orbxsyste...+black +effects

http://www.orbxsyste...lp/#entry164314

Cheers

Tim

First you have the ORBX PNW scenery package installed and working on your computer I perceived this from your sig. Do you also have the OZx scenery libraries 1.0 and 1.1 installed? They are also required.

Tim,

No, I have not run any un-installers at all, for either scenery or for aircraft. The only changes to my FS installation in the past month or two has been the West Wind installation, and a freeware Turbine DC-3 installation. Spud, I have Orbx Library 120505 installed, which I understand to be the latest library package. If the OZx library is different, where would I go to find that? I searched on the support page and didn't see any reference to it?

Kerry

No worries, follow those links I posted, one has an effects folder attached by Wolter

The black effects means that the .bmp texture/s that those effects use (in FSX/Effects/Texture) has been overwritten or deleted by something

@Spud, this is a different issue

Cheers

Tim

I had this ages ago when i installed an aircraft and then uninstalled it.... without my knowing the smoke textures went with it leaving me big black squares that you speak of...

The only solution i found for me was to reinstall.... unless someone has the texture file needed?

• 7 months later...

Everyone, I just logged on here to check for updates with the Central Rockies that I am currently downloading :OD I realized that i don't seem to have ever responded back that Tim's solution to replace the effects bitmap for the dust worked perfectly. my most sincere apologies for not closing this sooner!

Archived