River mouth texture problems

dbcunnz

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

I had the same problem with NZSI as I am getting again now with NZNI

I did a complete download and reinstall with NZSI to fix the problem

I had the first NZNI download yesterday backed up my FSX before installing the problem was showing on that install

Today I have downloaded the second NZNI done a format of the FSX drive reinstalled the FSX backup and installed the new NZNI still got the problem a link to the NZNI Wananui river mouth pic and one to the NZSI Wairau river mouth which the NZSI reinstall fixed.

NZNI Wanganui

Posted Image

NZSI Wairau

Posted Image

HI Doug,

- Can you make sure you have cycled FTXcentral to [Default] and back to [Oceania], pressing Apply each time

- Check you dont have any other 3rd party scenery active for these two locations

If that doesn't resolve that I'll ask Holger to help on this one as it could be a terrain.cfg thing

Cheers

Tim

HI Doug,

- Can you make sure you have cycled FTXcentral to [Default] and back to [Oceania], pressing Apply each time

- Check you dont have any other 3rd party scenery active for these two locations

If that doesn't resolve that I'll ask Holger to help on this one as it could be a terrain.cfg thing

Cheers

Tim

I had disabled all other NI scenery and recycled the FTX Central control to default and back again 3 or 4 times hitting the apply each time but it is still the same I am downloading the file for the third time and will try another install tomorrow.

Will I have to delete all the now installed NZNI files as I can not find an uninstaller for it?

Hi there,

before uninstalling please check in your \ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI_08_CUSTOM exture folder for files named 902b2m11.bmp, 902b2m12.bmp, etc. There should be seven of them and they are the blend masks for the water textures, which, when missing, lead to those squared-off texture tiles.

It's difficult to tell from your screenshot but it could be that the landclass blend masks aren't working either. You could check that in top-down view mode; if you see a lot of N/S E-W straight edges like in the water the blend masks aren't working.

Are there any scenery library entries above the FTX block of entries that include landclass or waterclass files?

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

before uninstalling please check in your \ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI_08_CUSTOM exture folder for files named 902b2m11.bmp, 902b2m12.bmp, etc. There should be seven of them and they are the blend masks for the water textures, which, when missing, lead to those squared-off texture tiles.

It's difficult to tell from your screenshot but it could be that the landclass blend masks aren't working either. You could check that in top-down view mode; if you see a lot of N/S E-W straight edges like in the water the blend masks aren't working.

Are there any scenery library entries above the FTX block of entries that include landclass or waterclass files?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger

Done another download and new install but still the same checked the FTX NZI 08 Custom and there are seven 902b2m files nubers 11 - 21 - 31 - 41 - 51 - 61 and 71

I don't have any libraries above the FTX blocks and no entries that include land or water class files that I know of.

Here is a pic from the top down don't know if it will be of any use to sort out the problem

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/44360586/Top%20Down-1.jpg

All these pics are of the Wanganui river mouth but I get the same right around the North Island with the NZNI or the Oceania activated.

I did have this problen with the NZSI also but after a re download and new install it fixed the problem but with the NZNI it hasn't fixed it.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,

indeed, both landclass and waterclass blendmasks aren't working for you. I'm at a loss though to explain why this would happen only in one region and not the other. Just to cross-ceck: the issue is limited to NZNI at this time but it affects the entire North Island?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Doug,

indeed, both landclass and waterclass blendmasks aren't working for you. I'm at a loss though to explain why this would happen only in one region and not the other. Just to cross-ceck: the issue is limited to NZNI at this time but it affects the entire North Island?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger

I tried disabling all my scenery library above the adon scenery file except I left all the ORBX files only enabled so no other NZ files were enabled and it is still the same the North Island is still affected.

Has anyone else had this problem??

Cheers

Doug

Hi Holger

Here is another top down pic over Cook Strait showing both Island it might help you see what the problem is
/>https://dl.dropbox.com/u/44360586/Cook%20Strait%20TD.jpg

Doug

Hi Doug,

sorry but I'm clueless. The only way I know of to have those custom blendmasks not used correctly is by deleting them. Even then FSX would fall back on the default versions in "\Scenery\World\Texture". I confirmed this by removing all 576 custom *2m1* files from "\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI_08_CUSTOM\Texture" and the North Island still didn't show any squares, just some incorrect texture blending.

Can you check whether the 902b2m tiles differ in "\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI_08_CUSTOM\Texture" and "\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZSI_08_CUSTOM\Texture"? They should be the same size (684kB) and dated August 2008.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Doug,

sorry but I'm clueless. The only way I know of to have those custom blendmasks not used correctly is by deleting them. Even then FSX would fall back on the default versions in "\Scenery\World\Texture". I confirmed this by removing all 576 custom *2m1* files from "\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI_08_CUSTOM\Texture" and the North Island still didn't show any squares, just some incorrect texture blending.

Can you check whether the 902b2m tiles differ in "\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI_08_CUSTOM\Texture" and "\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZSI_08_CUSTOM\Texture"? They should be the same size (684kB) and dated August 2008.

Cheers, Holger

I have checked and all the files are there and as stated above NZNI (684KB) and dated 2/08/2008 12:56pm and the last one 902b2m71.bmp at 12:55pm

the NZSI (684KB) and dated 2/08/2008 11:56am and the last one 902b2m71.bmp at 11:55am

The only thing I can do now is to create another partition on another HDD and install FSX and just load the NZSI and NZNI and try that :-[ unless you can come up with something

Cheers

Doug

Is there any way of uninstalling NZNI and NZSI to clean out all the files before I try a new install or can they only be deleted, as finding all the installed files to delete is a pain in the butt.

Doug

Hi Doug,

As requested in your PM, to do a full uninstall:

1 - Set FTXcentral to [Default FSX]

2 - Browse to FSX/ORBX and delete the FTX_NZ folder

3 - Browse to FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery and delete all 26 x NZNI and 57 x NZSI tagged elevation adjustment files

4 - Browse to FSX/ORBX/Scripts and delete scenerylib_NZNI.cfg and scenerylib_NZSI.cfg then while in that same folder ... double-click FTXconfigurator.exe (silent operation)

5 - Load up somewhere in New Zealand to confirm its stock/default FSX

If you suspect your default NZ/FSX install is not quite right somehow.. now is the time to do an FSX-repair using your FSX DVD, otherwise continue the installation steps below

Then when you reinstall:

- Run the NZSI installer,

- Set FTXcentral to [Oceania],

- Run the NZSI.001 servicepack,

- Run NZNI installer,

- Set FTXcentral to [Oceania],

- Run the latest ORBXlibs

Cheers

Tim

Archived