NZNI Google Earth

cyberpilot

Need some help please...

I've just added placemarks on Google Earth for all of major/minor airfields in the North Island plus quite a few tricky back country airstrips.

Could someone explain in simple terms how I can post it on this forum so that people can zoom in/zoom out on the various airfields.

I'm a bit challenged in these matters.

Thanks.

Hi Frank,

as for all other FTX regions there will be a Google Earth kmz file with all airports, landmarks, etc. for NZNI as well. It might be useful to wait until that is available and then edit your file so that it only contains information not included in ours.

I believe you can upload zip files to our screenshot server; if not you'd need to find a public file server and then post the link here. Best location to post would be in the Pilots Lounge or Flightplans subforum.

Cheers, Holger

• 1 month later...

Hi Frank,

as for all other FTX regions there will be a Google Earth kmz file with all airports, landmarks, etc. for NZNI as well. It might be useful to wait until that is available and then edit your file so that it only contains information not included in ours.

I believe you can upload zip files to our screenshot server; if not you'd need to find a public file server and then post the link here. Best location to post would be in the Pilots Lounge or Flightplans subforum.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Do you know approximatively when the global kmz will be released ? Perhaps after FTX ASK ?

Archived