Newbie help

domenic

Hi Guys,

I have just installed FSX and the acceleration package and have purchased the Cairns International airport add on, as you can see from my signature.

The problem I have is that this airport does not appear in my add-on scenery list, I have followed the manual installation instructions given in the manual but to no avail.

I am probably being really dumb here, but any help would be very welcome.

Kind Regards

Dom

Jan I think he means it doesn't appear in this addon scenery list. In this case, if you have not got the FTX Australia packages installed, you must manually activate the scenery in the scenery library. Im assuming the the orbx cairns folder is in this directory-

C: / Program Files (x86) / Microsoft Games / Flight Simulator X / ORBX / FTX_AU / FTXAA_YBCS, something like that

Hi guys, thanks for replies. I don't have the Australia packages yet.

When I try to manually install I can navigate to the file but the scenery and texture folders are empty in FTXAA folder.

Also upon installation there was a brief message that said it could not locate the FSX installation file/folder or something similar.

There also appears to be a configurator for caring international pane I also get an error message for this also. Sorry I can be more specific, buy I am away from my whom computer at the moment.

Cheers

Dom

Hi Dom, just to clear up, have you got that whole Orbx region scenery pack? You must have the base scenery before you install the add-on airports. I'm pretty sure the Orbx airports cannot be installed on default FSX scenery.

Hi guys,

No I don't have the whole scenery packs, just Cairns International at the moment. I do plan to get the full AU scenery in the long run.

I will try again this evening and post a few more details of the issues, perhaps with print screens to help.

Kind Regards

Dom

Misha,

perhaps you can explain the procedure for folks who buy the airport addons and do not have the scenery area they are meant to be used with.

Dom,

even if you do get it installed it will not look like the screenshot on the FTX site without the basic scenery package. Be aware that the addon airports are supposed to be used with the (in this case, Australia) FTX scenery.

Hi guys,

Thanks again for your responses. Friedi I have re-read the instructions on page 6, I failed to spot the note regarding the bug in windows 7, I clicked the white area as advised and BINGO it is in there. As you correctly state it does not look like it does on 'the tin' as it were. So I plan to purchase the scenery pack.

I still have one issue though. When I run the YBCS control panel I am faced with the following error message. "unable to locate FSX installation folder"

Likewise when I run FTX Areo I receive a' .net framework error message'

If you guys can shed an light on these issue I would be very grateful.

The help I have received so far has been very friendly and much appreciated, thank you for putting up with my newbie mistakes I am sure there will be more. I was very excited to see the Cairns International add on as I lived there for almost 2.5 years and flew ( as a passenger) regular charter flights out there, across the cape york peninsula across to the Gulf of carpenteria and up into the torres straits. Saw some stunning sights.

Cheers

Dom

Hi guys,

Thanks again for your responses. ............

I still have one issue though. When I run the YBCS control panel I am faced with the following error message. "unable to locate FSX installation folder" ..............

If you guys can shed an light on these issue I would be very grateful.

The help I have received so far has been very friendly and much appreciated, thank you for putting up with my newbie mistakes I am sure there will be more. I was very excited to see the Cairns International add on as I lived there for almost 2.5 years and flew ( as a passenger) regular charter flights out there, across the cape york peninsula across to the Gulf of carpenteria and up into the torres straits. Saw some stunning sights.

Cheers

Dom

Dom it can not find the FSX Installation folder because you do not have one. When you purchase the Australia scenery area and install it with the included installer the folder will be created. The .net framework error message is most likely due to not having the proper .net framework installed on your computer.

8)

Ahhhhh. right... I get it now. Looks like I will be buying the Australia scenery SP4 anyways I reckon. I will check that I have the latest .net framework installed.

Many thanks

Dom

Ahhhhh. right... I get it now. Looks like I will be buying the Australia scenery SP4 anyways I reckon. I will check that I have the latest .net framework installed.

Many thanks

Dom

That won't be your last Orbx purchase mate. Enjoy Dom

• 4 weeks later...

I have purchased, Australia SP4 and I am currently awaiting delivery, should be here in the next day or two. Prettyexcited, I have been thinking REX might be my next purchase to compliment the ORBX add-ons.

Archived