1WA6 Fall City-Elevated Runway?

boleyd

The runway, taxiways and ramps are all elevated above "ground level".

Reinstalled FSX/SP1/SP2

Reinstalled Pacific Northwest

Reinstalled 1WA6 + Patch 1 and Patch 2

Reinstalled ORBXLIBS 12509 LAST

Placed Orbxlibs at top priority in scenery manager

W7 64bit, 8gb memory, nVidia GTX550 1gb, Intel i2500 3.3ghz

Thanks - I had forgotten that update.

Did not help. Installed the update to KORS and went there. All the airports buidings were black as was the runway. People and parked planes looked ok. This is the second day for trying to get this stuff to work. It all began with problem in P3D and escalated. For now I am focused on FSX which has issues only with the payware airports. The Canadian airports and KHQM are ok.

Not using DX10 Preview. The problem is the mesh. If I set mesh resolution to 38meters and texture to 1 meter then it looks ok.

Then I go back to the Display Options and I see settings the same 38 meter mesh 1 meter texture. Next I increase the texture to max at 7cm. I go to the flightand the elevation is wrong for the runway. That is the runway and the taxiways are elevated. Now I go back to the Display settings and see that the Mesh Resolution is at 10meters. I had set it to 38meters. Some clever coding in the airport coding forced the setting of the Mesh Resolution from 38m to 10m.

I am getting nowhere with this. All the ORBX things used to work. However, now no payware ORBX works and I see something altering my mesh setings when I change texture resolution. If the free ORBX airports has problems then I would look at this differently. But free airports (looked at 3 of them) are ok. The only thing I can think of now is to look at the infamous Registry.

While looking at the Registry I noticed a reference to direct3d missing. So I installed (reinstalled) the latest DirectX 9.0C June 2010. No help. Same issues.

I gave P3D a try. First I cleaned out the scenery files for ORBX. Then, with only the original P3D scenery files in place I ran the Migration tool. It linked to files in an old FSX (with full ORBX) that I used to use under W7 32bit (dualboot).. Don't know why it works in P3D and don't care right now siince it works.There is a new ORBLIBS with the migrator and that may have had something about it working in P3d.

Hi Dick,

it's a bit odd but in FSX the mesh resolution and texture resolution sliders are tied together meaning you cannot set a high mesh resolution without also choosing a high texture resolution and vice versa. We recommend setting the sliders to the maximum texture resolution (7cm) and mesh resolution at 5m.

If you have terrain issues at airports then it's either a problem with missing elevation adjustment files in \Scenery\World\scenery or incompatibility with third-party add-ons that also provide airport data, like Ultimate Terrain, Ultimate Traffic, etc. We need to have more information from you in order to provide more pointers. Also, screenshots of the issue always help with the diagnosis.

Cheers, Holger

I "believe" that some of the problem was to to a fault in the OS load or the video driver. I had blacked out buildings that were to specific to the airport at the same time the runway elevations was off. After a reboot I re-initiated my investigation with Prepar3D. It presented the airports perfectly. Spent some time fiddleing with the sliders and they were now independent, as they should be. I have not gone back to FSX since after day and a half chasing things, where my "adjustments" caused as much grief as the problem, told me to stay with P3D for awhile. I only have FSX as a reference in case of some P3D issue. The reference failed....

Archived