[PNW] Whidbey Is NAS - AI/Statics

fltsimguy

Wasn't sure where to ask this question, as it relates more to Whidbey Is than Anacortes. For the first time in a long while I flew the Anacortes area and down to Whidbey Is airbase. I have my scenery complexity and autogen settings at extremely dense.

Is there supposed to be any static aircraft at Whidbey? I have several cars and airport support vehicles and some clutter but not one aircraft on the ground? I ask this to be sure that if this is the case I will put together and add some static fighters and other military aircraft which should inhabit the area.

cheers Bryan

Great thanks Tim, I suspected as much. There are lots of freeware statics of military aircraft available I think I will populate this airbase appropriately to spice it up some. Once I do I can upload at freeware sites for others if their are interested.

Great thanks Tim, I suspected as much. There are lots of freeware statics of military aircraft available I think I will populate this airbase appropriately to spice it up some. Once I do I can upload at freeware sites for others if their are interested.

That would be appreciated. There's a B-52 file and I think a Blue Angels file that would fit in.

You can always add the Whidbey NAS package from MAIW. Even if you don't add the scenery (which does work quite well in FTX) you get FA18G's and the various P3 types which aren't static. Something to watch for while you explore the PNW way better than looking out for the default Cessna's.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The MAIW package looks interesting, don't have that.

I think: EA-6B Prowlers EA-18G Growlers P-3 Orion EP-3E Aries II DC-9 Skytrain

And likely F18s as shown above.

I'm wondering if I could blend that MAIW package with Orbx...I'll have to play with that a bit.

I've got mine working awesome, I don't think you'll find any serious issues... The FA18's in the screens above are the EA-18G Growlers (all painted to match unit assignments). There is no AI model for the Prowler but as they are being phased out it's not much of an issue. You should find it fairly simple, even modifying the FTX KNUW ade file so the MAIW aircraft have places to park. There is also a US Navy Airliners package from MAIW that will add the C9.

There are some visual issues with the scenery, but that's a side thing and worthy of installing to have a look. Getting the aircraft in is the easy part and is 100% compatible.

And Bryan, their Comox package works too! ;D

I'll have to try out the MIAW scenery too!

KNUW currently has:

EA-18G

EA-6B

P-3C

EP-3E

C-9B

MH-60S

Flying club has:

T-34B

C-172P

PA-28 140 (x2)

Typical transient aircraft:

C-130 (normally USN, occasional USMC)

C-40

FA-18 E/F (occasionally)

Not many transient USAF aircraft as they normally stop at McCord AFB.

Occasional C-17 doing practice approaches.

Blue Angels are virtually never at KNUW. They stay at Boeing Field for Seattle's Sea Fair every summer, not Whidbey.

HI all,

I rarely put statics at military bases when I "enhance" airports (and not much else either). ORBX didn't/doesn't have many appropriate models to place and several military "enthusiasts" have requested no AI as they want to place their own and often I've been requested to remove even those statics which I did place.

That's not a problem for me as military bases are often very large and it's hard to make them look good no matter what I do.

Cheers, Neil

Archived