Why my ghost planes?

boetie

This is happening very occassionally. Any idea why? (This screenie is Real Air Duke heading south out of Caloundra but it happens with other aircraft and regions). Thanks.

Posted Image

Hi Graeme!

I am not sure if it works, but as it works for me and did not cause any damage or harm, here is my 2 cents.

Add the line:

HIGHMEMFIX=1

to Your

fsx.cfg's [GRAPHICS] section

I do not have any other tweaks than this one, so i don't know if and in how far it interacts with others, but ...:

Since i have this little line added to my fsx.cfg's [GRAPHIC] section, i have never ever experienced any ghost planes around, which often appear especially during dusk/dawn flights!

And - also quite important:

If this particular tweak should not work at Your system, just remove that line again! :)

Cheers, Christoph

P.S.: ... and maybe also set TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD to either 2048 or 4096 as well at Your fsx.cfg (...and don't forget:

Whenever You move a "setting slider" within FSX, You will have to manualy "reset" this change at Your fsx.cfg again!

Hi Graeme!

I am not sure if it works, but as it works for me and did not cause any damage or harm, here is my 2 cents.

Add the line:

HIGHMEMFIX=1

to Your

fsx.cfg's [GRAPHICS] section

+1 Christoph is correct with his post. Pretty much the only real tweak you need is the HIGHMEMFIX=1.....That will solve the ghost plane problems.

any other tweaking it just fiddling for marginal performance improvements.

Whenever I do a fresh install of FSX the first tweak I do is the HIGHMEMFIX=1, otherwise I get ghost planes.

Cheers :D

Archived