Bowerman water textures question and support

This issue has been bothering me for a while, but I thought now I'd ask here regarding this issue.

My water textures at Bowerman and all the other payware aiports with the included water textures dont look right.

I'm not seeing any of those swirling textures that I have seen in many shots.

I have my water settings at the med/high x2 settings and have messed around with various settings using FSWC.

Here a couple of examples of what it should look like

Posted Image

Posted Image

and here's mine

Posted Image

I feel I maybe missing something, but any help would be really appreciated

Many thanks

Hi John,

looks like your water reflection and environment tweaks "overwhelm" the photoreal base textures. See this discussion: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/45978-baby-blue-inland-water/page__p__402507__hl__+water%20+reflection#entry402507 . In your case it's not "baby blue" and the base textures at Bowerman are photoreal coverage instead of generic water textures but the issue would be the same. For a quick cross-check set your water effects slider to to the leftmost or second from left position and the mudflat patterns should emerge.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for that Wolter.. I did play about with the settings and realised it was in Fswc with the base colour setting that effected it the most and mine was too low.. Notched it right up and there those textures were!

But thanks for these settings and screenies. Ill have some time to experiment here now I have a new understanding with this.

Thanks guys for all your help. hats off to you :)

Archived