FTX AI Traffic, small issue

First up this may not be a traffic issue at all but I have only noticed this after the AI taffic update. The file Traffic_FTX_NZSI.bgl.OFF in my scenery\world\scenery folder. Has this been disabled by FTX AI Traffic or something else?

I have updated REX just before FTX AI. The control panel option for enabling the default AI had that option greyed out and said something along the lines of it already being disabled. This would have been done by TrafficX. After the second update of FTX traffic I disabled TrafficX as well. I felt that Graham was doing such a fine job with FTX traffic that I would just use that and nothing else.

All traffic and Scenery seems to be ok as far as I can tell and I must say that the improved modeling and the xtra GA traffic are just great. So if anybody is still awake after reading this could you please give me an Idea as to if that NZSI file is a problem. Thanks.

Kevin

That's correct Kevin, the install process for FTX AI Traffic disables the NZSI traffic file. The NZSI traffic file uses FSX default aircraft which are much heavier on frames than the dedicated AI ones in the FTX Traffic pack.

You can remove the .OFF if you wish but then you will have too many AI aircraft in your sim with a noticable performance loss and there will also be insufficient parking for the extra AI aircraft at many of the airfields.

Thanks for the prompt reply graham. I thought that may be the case, so all is as it should be. By gee this

FTX AI has turned into a real cracker. It may not have all the options of some payware, but the quality is up there and beyond on most of them. It does all I want it to do without all the bloat, I love it.

Cheers.

Kevin.

Archived