Processor help

PiperFM

So, I'm getting a new processor for my computer, I have 8 gigs DDR3 RAM, currently an AMD Anthlon x2 processor, FX 6770 1gb Graphics card, and a 550W power supply. I'll be getting an AMD Phenom, and I was wondering which one I should get?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3674

I was thinking the 1055T (I have 225$, and an AM3 socket), but would it give better performance in FSX than the X4 965? Also, my computer has enough power, right?

Sorry that I con not be of much help to you,

I have no experience with AMD CPU's or their range, one thing that will affect fsX is the CPU's speed, so the higher you can let it run the better fsX will be running,

as for the PSU, there are ample options for a calculator to establish the right amount of PSU power for various systems, google is your friend.

search for : PSU power calculator = http://www.google.com/custom?client=pub-3794288947762788&forid=1&channel=5369970905&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=active&cof=GALT%3A%23008000%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23336699%3BVLC%3A663399%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3AFFFFFF%3BLBGC%3A336699%3BALC%3A0000FF%3BLC%3A0000FF%3BT%3A000000%3BGFNT%3A0000FF%3BGIMP%3A0000FF%3BFORID%3A1&hl=en&q=PSU+power+calculator

As Wolter said, the best option is the processor that has the fastest speed in Ghz, or the processor you can overclock to have the fastest Ghz speed. Note that overclocking will generate excess heat which is not good for your CPU, so if planning to overclock, you also need to invest in a very good heatsink/fan combo to keep it cooler (or watercooling - but that may be out of your budget range).

Phenom II's are getting harder to find, your best option would be the X4 960T. It's based on the Thuban cores, same as the X6's, and has an improved memory controller over other X4's. It's also one of the last Phenom II's in production.

Phenom II's are getting harder to find, your best option would be the X4 960T. It's based on the Thuban cores, same as the X6's, and has an improved memory controller over other X4's. It's also one of the last Phenom II's in production.

Even if I can get the 1090T?

1090T is not a bad chip. just read my specs. FSX runs well with it. Mind you if I had the money or incentive to build a new machine id probably go the Inetl I7. Clock speed and NB speed are the 2 biggest boosts on AMD chips, especially the NB, reduces memry latency and improves memory access speed, did quiet a bit of messing with it.

If your able to afford a decent motherboard along with that new chip, I'd really consider going with an i5 or i7 to be honest. You'll get way more bang for your buck, and you'll be blown away by the performance that the intel chipset delivers.

Reed the AMD overclocj forum and see what overclocks you can get out of them. Have to be black edition ot your stuck with FSB only which limits your overclocking. Also be sure you have the right socket AM3 AM3+. Mind you the some 965 chips overclock pretty well too.

Archived