No runway lights at KJAC

rudihiebert

Hi Rudi,

Can you please go to your Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KJAC\scenery and confirm the following files are present?

Westsim_KJAC_Placement_Taxilights.bgl

Westsim_KJAC_Placement_FX.bgl

Westsim_KJAC_Placement_FX2_ObjectFlow_KJAC.xml

If so, could you please post a night/dusk screenshot showing your issue?

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi guys,

We did a little investigation and found a minor issue with the runway and apron lights for customers who do not have PAKT Ketchikan or 74S Anacortes installed,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for this, when Jarrad returns from his well-earned break I'm sure he will sort out a solution swiftly.

Cheers

Tim

No problem what so ever, look forward to a fix. In the meantime I do own those two airport but not yet reinstalled them, if I reinstalled them would this fix the problem temporarily? Thanks.

Hi All, and thank you for your post Rudi

I dont have KJAC but I have this same problem with some of the addon airports in the australian scenery. The default FTX airports in australia I think use the FSX halo textures but the actual airport addons use their own like YBBN YBCS etc. I have been putting up with it thinking it was just my hardware issue until I saw this post. Dose someone know of an OZie airport lighting fix.

I use 3 X screens so when using high resolutions settings, lights become really BIG looking and I have to use the FSX CFG tweak to fix the problem, however this dose not work with FTX addon airports and I have, like in your screen shot really big taxi & runway end lights but have tiny almost not visible Runway Lights.

thanks

wilton

Thanks for the response.... I was about to post here too... I've got the same issue. It also happens at KBVS... I'll get the red and green bars at the ends of the runway but the edge lights are impossible to see unless you get right next to them.

Posted Image

G'day Rudi,

I've just got back on board after my break; as Tim says this was an omission from my end (and a rather silly one at that!). I'll be starting work on a KJAC SP later in the week, this will be high on the to-do list.

@ryanbatc - if you are experiencing problems with another airport, please start another support topic.

Cheers,

Jarrad

• 1 month later...

Sorry to beat this topic to death guys, but was just wondering maybe a rough ETA on the patch? As it stands, I get sad everytime I can fly, as I only fly real time, and I get off work at twilight hours mostly, and would love to be able to use this beautiful airport at night/dusk/dawn with the lights working.

I mean, I will buy the two other airports if there is no workaround, but money is a little tight at the moment so it wouldn't be for a while.

Thanks again for any info .

• 1 year later...

Archived