Where did my screenie go? A request/suggestion

boetie

I notice now with the popularity of Orbx (particularly after the April sale) a posted screenshot is shunted off the front page in no time. This must be frustrating for those guys who have been posting in this forum for years. The Orbx community has expanded rapidly and more of us want to share our screenies. I was wondering how to prolong the life of a post on the front page. My thought is to maybe split the screenshot pages into a new separate section for each region? i.e PNW Screenshots, NZSI Screenshots etc etc This might give the post more life on the front page. Just a thought...... ::)

I suspect most people use the "View New Content" link (top right) to find what is new / unread.

The forum "self-sorts" based on what is current/popular .. so it is not necessary to remain at the top of the page.

By creating subforums, then users would have to do just as much, if not more digging to find your screenshot.

Ian is a good guy doing a good job around here. Forum is the way it has been for many years now. If you change something then people get hysterical anyways....kind of like when Facebook changes something then their is a backlash.

Cheers Mate and keep up with the fantastic screenshots :D

Heya, Graeme. When first reading your post 5 days ago I'd checked the "top page" & out of 30 posts there are 3 presently pinned leaving 27 to float, so to speak, & out of those 27 there were 4 members having over 50% of the available 27. Today the same 4 posters are presently constituting 60 % of page 1. This is presenting great imbalance considering the number of screenshot posters desiring to share their captured images of orbx goodness, in my opinion.

Had expressed my dismay weeks ago over a similar couple of experiences & had described what had happened in detail. Most received my thoughts well though one had insinuated that I was "crying". Posted Image Most members here are fine people & simply haven't considered the fact that if they consistently load up the front page with 3, 4 or more screenshot posts then they inadvertently are pushing others out of the way, so to speak. Again, my perception is that nothing is intentionally being done by some towards this end though the effects are the same whether intentional or non-intentional.

So for weeks now I've simply flown, captured very few screenshots & as a consequence have been much more relaxed & enjoying less pressure to post screenshots, not here, at FlightSim or anywhere. Could say I'm semi-retired. Could say I'm semi-retarded. Could be correct on both counts. Could get used to this too Posted Image though on occasion a shot from me will likely be posted, or at least the chances of this are better than average. Look! There goes one now...

Posted Image

Great to see a screenie from you boxcar, they are ALWAYS worth a look. If you don't mind me asking - where is this shot taken? Thanks for your support & happy flying mate

G'day, Graeme. The shot is from the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, orbx doing a bang-up job here. Spent hours flying the area viewing much of what use to be my backyard (lived in Red Lodge, Montana for years). The entire region is incredibly executed, its character full & intact. Here's a view looking the other way back up the canyon...

Posted Image

Archived