The FlightSim Store Announces REX Sales Partnership

Friday September 19th, 2008 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The FlightSim Store is extremely pleased to announce its selection as the online sales vendor for the launch of what is set to be yet another treat for the world of flight simulation. Real Environment Xtreme (REX), the comprehensive environment enhancement and weather engine for Microsoft Flight Simulator X, as developed by Tim Fuchs, Reed Stough, and their team, continues its testing phase as The FlightSim Store begins preparations for the release of what many predict will be the next best seller of all time.

Owner of The FlightSim Store, Adrian Lehmann said today; "I am very excited that the release of this highly anticipated product is drawing closer. I have followed the development of REX with a very keen eye and I am only too happy to help bring this fantastic product to the market. I believe it's going to be one of those must have, can't fly without add-ons for flight simmers across the globe."

Real Environment Xtreme is set to hit the market at an affordable US $39.95 (approx. AU $50.00) and comprises a vast assortment of NEW graphical content based on PHOTO-REALISTIC elements, combined with a brand NEW Weather Engine and Flight Planner. REX will enhance the complete sky environment, water environment (including real-world coral & reef simulations), airport environment, lighting environment and weather environment.

For further details about Real Environment Xtreme please visit the dedicated website at: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com

no time like the present to ask, how does it work, stores liek yours, do you have to buy there products like say coles buys mars bars, then you add a little mark up and re sell, or do you sell at a comission, and how do you become a vendor for say REX and FTX, do you have to put in a bid like say a builder puts in a quote for a job and it often goes to the guy who can o it cheapest??

I dont need any deep inside info, i am just curious

cheers,

Jason

Hi All,

Many thanks for the positive comments guys, very much appreciated. This is a massive deal just as securing Orbx has been and as you can imagine I am extremely excited about having this years best products in the store. I must give thanks publicly to John Venema as well, he and Orbx have been quite instrumental in helping to not only raise the profile of FSS as a major player in the market, but I believe he has also gotten in Tim's ear about the store and what we can offer. And I can assure you we'll be pulling out all stops to provide the same level of service to REX and its customers as we have for Orbx.

@Jason - For download products most of the stores work on a commission. We are provided the product to host on our servers and facilitate the sale, then remit the funds to the developers/publishers less the commission. For boxed products and hardware FSS generally purchases the products at wholesale prices and sells it with a markup. There are also odd products here and there that are sold on consignment, where we take stock and pay as we sell. I hope that answers your questions.

Great news Adrian. Looks like a great product and will be a fantastic complement to FTX. With Green and Red coming, more freeware airports, and now REX, we have a lot to look forward to over the coming months.

Greg

P.S. My wife wants to know if there's a forum for Flight Sim widows.  So they can compare notes and do group therapy or something I guess. I keep saying that at least I am at home, and I'm sure I spent at least one evening with her this week, or was that last week ....

Adrian or whomever,

Has anyone any idea as to what performance hit this add-on will cause? I read some of the stuff on the site and it said photo realistic. That usually means a drastic drop in FPS or other performance?  Just curious!  ;)

P.S. My wife wants to know if there's a forum for Flight Sim widows.  So they can compare notes and do group therapy or something I guess. I keep saying that at least I am at home, and I'm sure I spent at least one evening with her this week, or was that last week ....

Archived