quick question

chumley

I spoke with my son earlier today and asked him if he wanted to take over my flightsim stuff - hardware and software. He just about took my arm off but he did ask, for some reason, whether I had REX weather and textures or ActiveSky weather and textures. I have REX but wondered if the ActiveSky has any benefits. If it does I will buy it for him for his birthday and ship the whole lot to him in Brisbane.

Any thoughts before I start packing up the PC?

Thanks

I don't have 'ActiveSky' Andy, but don't forget that REX Essentials is due out any time, and it's a free upgrade for REXv2 owners - did your register? It has a new feature list as long as your arm. I can't see anything that they have over-looked with the new Essentials version.

BTW: Your a nice Dad ::)

Active and REX do pretty much the same thing, some REX textures are better and some Active Sky ones the same , I used a combination of both in FS9 but not moved everything to FSX.

I don't think you will find Active Sky has any advantage over REX Andy. And once REX Essentials comes out REX will probably be the best there is. It can't be too far away now as I see it Advertised in the latest PC Pilot Mag. Though I haven't been able to find it at any sim shops or REX yet.

• 2 weeks later...

In the 80s I was flying FS1 so green and black ... And my son asked me where I was ... He had to be 8 years old ... I looked at my computer and told him that I was over NYC ... He laughed and said no dad you are in your office. He is 35 now and still thinks of FSX as that green and black view ... Even though he has seen what this program has become ... My fear is that all my FSX stuff will never be flowen after I fly off myself someday... 8-). What fun this has given me ... Now I only fly ORBX ...

Archived