Double shorelines PNW PFJ

rpowers46

I have been using FTX North America for a long time .Now I am getting double shorelines in PNW and PFJ.I will send a photo if you tell me how to do it.I have gone through my scenery library and disabled everything new that I have installed and still have the double shorelines.Default scenery is ok.I have UTX and FS genesis mesh.I am not a novice at this.Been FS'ing since my Tandy 1000 way back.It has to be something simple,but I just can't find it.Thanks for any help.Ron

Disabled KPDX cictyscape and no change.This problem just started last night.I have been using default scenery for flying out of area.I disabled all neww scenery I have recently installed and did not help.Default scenery is OK.Here are 2 screenshots from Ketchikan Harbor (I hope).Thanks,Ron

Posted Image Posted Image

As a follow up I did a search and I do have an Afcad installed for KPDX.But it has been there awhile and as stated'last night was first time for the problem.I saw another similar post by Wanelp from 11/11,but he was having the problem with default scenery also.I am not.Thanks,Ron

No not my Portland cityscape package!, this is 100% FSX and made for PNW, I was referring to the FS9-port-over KPDX airport (Flightzone) this will bring with it some oddities

May be worth reading here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/17121-ultimate-terrain-x-usacanada-and-ultimate-alaska-x-compatibility-with-ftx-pnw-pfj-and-nrm/

Thanks for the reply.I have only an AFCAD for KPDX installed and have had it for a long time.I do not have any other KPDX files except FTX ones.This problem just started.Is there any reason to be running UTX in the FTX areas?I can just disable it but I have not previously had to do this.I would prefer to solve the problem if possible instead of "using a bandaid".I disabled UTX and took a RTMM (Misty Moorings)flight where I first noticed the problem and all was ok.I disabled all RTMM scenery and still had the problem before I disabled UTX Canada and Alaska.I read the posts above and am not concerned with the lights at this time.I have also made the entries to flatten certain airports in UTXThanks,Ron

Hi Ron,

Ultimate Alaska X and PFJ are fully compatible so your issue probably has to do with the order of entries in your scenery library. All UTX scenery library entries need to be at lower display priority than the FTX entries, meaning below the FTX entries in the scenery library menu. If you're not familiar with the FTX Central Scenery Library Insertion Points tool please read the PFJ USer manual on page 7 or check http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/28291-adding-a-scenery-library-insertion-point-ftxcentral-step-by-step/

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the reply Holger.I am at work and can't check but I am sure that at one time everything was layered properly.I don't think anything has changed with UTX and FTX layering since.Back to my other question which is do I need UTX with FTX?Thanks and will check the layering later.Ron

Holger,Thanks for the heads up.Somehow FTX was below UTX.I don't know how that happened.Now everything is back to normal.I am an old guy,been doing this for years and like to solve the problems.What do you think could have caused the change in my Scenery Library?Thanks for any suggestions and help.Ron

Ron,

just a guess here but did you make an insertion point for the FTX files using FTX Central? If so, you may have accidentally inserted it below the UTX. Quick check is to switch to Default and then back to North America with FTX Central. Check the order of the FSX Scenery Library and if FTX is again below UTX then it is an incorrect insertion point.

8)

Archived