New Zealand, Gore - Invercargill

Davepdx

Nice ones Dave!

Have you tried taking off from Invercargill and landing on the two little islands out in the bay?, both have short grass runways and a lighthouse on each, Dog and Center Islands are the names, you can find them on the google KML

both are good fun, as you have to get the wheels down on the surface ASAP otherwise you risk overshooting

Cheers, Tim, I've landed on one little airstrip on an island south of Invercargill. Can't remember which one, it was a very difficult approach if memory serves, like you say. I'll try them again. Seems like I was flying a bigger plane, like the Grumman Goose...

great shots mate!. I studied Aviation and got my CPL/MEIR in Invercargill and did many flights to Gore and Mandeville as it was a great quick flight with mates,

I am hoping that Orbx or somebody do a scenery for Mandeville which is really close to Gore it has a restaurant and the Croydon Aircraft company which restore tiger moths, Dominies etc.

and a great museum in which they are all housed.

I am really impressed with the way that Orbx have covered the lower south island and as somebody who regularly flew in the region it's pretty much spot-on.

Archived