Bundaberg Runway issue

DexyRed

Hi, approaching FTX Bundaberg for the first time today, there were clearly two runways, one on top of the other with the lower one sticking out of the end of the upper one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have Ant's Aussie Airports installed, I suspect that may be the problem.

I'd appreciate your thoughts, thank you.

Hi Derrik,

I am guessing you indtalled Ants Airports after installing ORBX YBUD?

If this is the case, run the ORBX installer once again. Run the latest ORBXlibs patch.

The installer removes any Conflicting Ants files at YBUD, assuming Ants is installed in a default location.

Sent with Tapatalk for iPhone

In reply to Holger: I had a look for the documentation that you mentioned. All I could find was a read me text document in the AAA folder but there was nothing in there that I could see about preventing conflicts with orbx airport scenery.

In reply to Ian, I installed Ant's airports first then YBUD however I re-ran the installer anyway, as well as downloading and installing the latest libraries. There is no change, the problem is still there.

Since doing this, I have also now started frequently getting an error message pop-up saying:

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: ...es(x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

File: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\fprintf.c

Line: 55

Expression: (str !=NULL)

with Abort, Retry and Ignore buttons.

Whichever I press, FSX crashes to desktop.

Hi Derrick,

This error will not be directly related to the scenery, but most likely another addon that uses these runtime libraries.

The reason for re-running the installer is that it cherrypicks out the conflicting files in Ants.

Other addons?

Some traffic addons contain additional airport files, but as yet we haven't seen any users with these issues.

Also, looking at at the path in your error message, vctools sounds a lot like something that might be part of a virtual cockpit. I wonder if conflicting navdata is the problem here.

Sent with Tapatalk for iPhone

The only traffic addon that I use is the freeware Orbx AI addon. The only scenery addons that I have, other than Orbx/Ozx/AAA stuff, is a few freeware airports in England and Italy.

With regard to the error message, your mention of a virtual cockpit reminded me that I found, downloaded and installed the 1.3 lancair patch at the same time as the up-to-date libraries. I wonder if that may be causing the error. If so then thats actually a completely seperate issue from the YBUD runway problem. Should I post that as a seperate forum thread?

It may be a separate issue, but I suspect the duplicate scenery elements are causing a vc gauge to fail (just a guess).

The long runway (which extends past the boundary fence) looks like a custom texture ... but is not the FTX groundpoly surface. I would go so far as to say it is not part of the FTX package at all.

It is not a standard FSX runway surface, and carries the custom YBUD markings.

As a troubleshooting exercise, can you deactivate Ants and see if the dupe runway disappears? It may be easiest to do this in the scenery library menu during a flight.

OK, I deactivated Ants and the extra runway has indeed vanished. So just keep Ants switched off in the scenery library when I'm around Bundaberg then.

I'm still getting the Visual C++ Debug error though, and it tends to happen more in the main FSX interface screens rather than "in cockpit", if I try to load a saved flight or click on one of the main side menu buttons for instance. I'm not sure what's going on there. It could be completely co-incidental but it only started happening after I re-ran the YBUD installer, downloaded and installed the new libraries and the lancair 1.3 patch. I had never seen it before that.

FSX scenery is not written in Visual C. Some gauges, and other addons are, however (rapidly getting out of my depth of understanding here however)

Some other addons (Active-sky or other GPS modules could also be an issue)

I suspect the problem could be duplicate scenery files causing a fault in a module (GPS or similar)

With regard to Ants, is it possible that the files re not in the standard location, or have been moved? The YBUD installer will remove them if they were installed into a default location.

If not,

Unzip the attached file,

Navigate to the Ants Aussie Airport\Scenery folder (in its non-default location)

Place the bat file there, and run it.

The aim when the installer was written was to enable users to make a seamless transition to using YBUD, in conjunction with the other Ant airports. This has been largely successful, but not apparently here (for some reason)

Cleanup_ANTS.zip

I looked for the main Ants Aussie Airports installed folder and found it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I think that is the default location but I downloaded and ran the bat file anyway. It didn't appear to make a change so I'm assuming thats because it was indeed already in the default location. I also re-ran the YBUD installer. I then re-enabled AAA in the scenery library and the unwanted runway re-appeared, so I have disabled it again.

I also now know that the error message I was getting was definitely caused by the lancair 1.3 patch. I discovered this by deleting the lancair folder from simobjects\airplanes and running FSX. The error never ocurred, so I reinstalled the original Lancair 1.0 and then ran FSX again - no errors. I then redownloaded and reinstalled the 1.3 patch. The error ocurred again exactly as described in my previous posts so I have reverted back to the 1.0 version. There appears to be a definite problem with the lancair 1.3 patch, on my system at least.

Archived