New Install PNW & Freeware 2S1

Fab10

Hi,

Hope you can help.

I purchased PNW yesterday and it installed perfectly, and I then changed the scenery insertion to below Tongass Fjords X which I already had installed. So far, I have only flown around the freeware Bowerman, and this seems OK.

I then installed 2S1 and Portland. These both appear to install OK, but when I try to move to either 2S1 or WA69, FSX hangs when loading terrain data (between 9-37%), and then a message "MS FS has stopped working" appears, Close Program" (then a CTD).

I have applied the PNW 005 patch and the updated ORBX libraries (last), but the issue still exists. If I disable 2S1 or WA69 in the scenery library, FSX can go to the default versions of these airports.

I run FSX SP1&2, O/C 4.0, 6Gb RAM, Nvidia 285.62, Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks,

Fabio

I have disabled the 2S1 scenery for the moment, and so the remainder of PNW is fine.

Every time I enable it and try to start a flight there, I get the problem whilst loading the terrain.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Fabio

Hi Ian,

Many thanks, I appreciate all help.

The error is always "MS FS has stopped working [close program] whilst loading terrain and then a CTD".

From a fresh boot (every time I fire up FSX, I defrag, this is a dedicated FSX PC):

With 2S1 disabled, WA69 loads.

With 2S1 enabled, WA69 won't load (error as above).

2S1 won't load at all whether WA69 is enabled or not (error as above).

I thought I'd try flying from WA69 to 2S1, so I enabled 2S1 before t/o, but it crashed as usual.

The fault definitely follows whether 2S1 is enabled or not, and it occurs when loading terrain data. If both WA69 and 2S1 are enabled, and I try to start a free flight from WA69, FSX doesn't even go past 0% when loading terrain data.

I tried with and without Tongass Fjords X enabled in the scenery library, and RealAir Bear Gulch was removed long ago.

Is there a way of removing the 2S1 addon completely for a reinstall (I've already removed and reinstalled the 2S1 package by removing it from the scenery library and deleting the folders, but it's possible that there are entries to be deleted as well)?

Perhaps the PNW scenery insertion point needs checking, or the PNW entries need resequencing within the library order? The Portland cityscape is installed as well, as is Bowerman.

I'm concerned about buying more ORBX scenery during this (very appreciated!) sale; I intend to buy the Pacific Fjords area rather than addon airports for now.

Many thanks,

Fabio

Just a quick question, what is the error you get as a crash to desktop could be caused by anything, if you check event viewer ( type event viewer in the start menu search box ) it will say in there what the reason was.

The only reason i as is that i run the freeware airports and i dont really have any issues with them other than being to close to Seattle which is a bit of a fps drain.

Hi,

Thanks, I'll check and report back (won't be for a about week).

I know that the freeware scenery should work, it does for most others, it must be my setup, or a specific conflict.

So very impressed with Orbx that I have bought 3 areas this week. It's funny that Vashon is one of those places I used to fly into using Flight Unlimited 3 in the Lake Renegade (or whatever they called it), if anyone remembers FU3 here!

Fabio

• 6 years later...

Archived