After installing the newest PNW SP5 update and library update, all of my runway lights seem to be floating in mid-air, e.g. At KONP (Newport), the runway end lights and PAPI lights are simply floating, although they still work.

Do you have any idea what this might be and how I can resolve it?

Hi Tony,

You might want to post a picture of what you see,

The runway end lights and PAPI lights all do 'float', i.e there is no actual model, this is just normal behavior which you will see at any of the default PNW enhanced airports, and around the world

Cheers

Tim

Thanks, I'll post a picture later when I'm at my WIndows PC. The lights use to float slightly just above the runway, but now they are literally hanging 1 meter up in the air, and I'm not sure why it's doing it. Incidentally, I don't get the same in Prepar3D, but it seems to happen now at all airfields (OrbX and Non-ORBX) in FSX, so it might be something else I've done or another plugin.

I've hit a sporadically recurring bug in FSX for years that makes effects float in the air above their assigned altitude. Usually they come back down to earth on reloading FSX. I'm not sure if this is the case here.

Archived