The Mighty Eighth Air Force

gibo

Last year I made a video tribute to the 8th AAF during WW2 and have been waiting on final approval to use the music of Glenn Miller. I now have that and have uploaded the final video to Youtube. I have received half a dozen claims via Youtube from various music distributors but I have lodged disputes via the Youtube claims process and most objectors have withdrawn their disputes. After all I have permission from the copyright holder. I have read in the psat that if music is more than 50 years old that there is no longer copyright on it in the USA. This is not true as there can be copyrights on a name eg Glenn Miller. The American Music Research Centre has requested a copy of the video to be placed in the Glenn Miller Archives. I owe a lot from "Bart Bartholomay (Deacon) for the production of the video. Bart gave me plenty of guidance. At times I must have tested his patience. Most of you probably know Deacon from various forums. Jankees is incredible with his repaint skills and MOST aircraft in the video are from Jankees. He is mentioned in the credits.

Some of you may have seen the earlier video. This final version has had some improvements particularly with the sound.

I hope you enjoy

http://youtu.be/ttfGfZloe4g?hd=1

Cheers,

Norm

Norm's masterpiece :) ..an fsx classic. ...quite a late response ,Ive got a slow internet and trying to d/l P3D still . 19 min vid ...eek !. Worth waiting for . Awesome effort mate.

I'm glad you all liked it.

The video took several months to complete.

A few little tricks that I learnt along the way. The flares from the Tower were from ORBX "BOB". BOB came in handy several times. I attached flares to BOB and postioned him on the tower via the map menu whilst in slew mode. I may have tilted him a little to get the flares at the correct angle. BOB was also the cameraman on the runway and behind the fences by positioning him at the correct location then render the view from "him".

There is one scene at Tamworth whislt the B17s are Taxiing (external) where the camera changes direction from left to right and back fairly quickly. To the right is a late model white 4x4 and to the left is a satellite dish. I think they are not seen ::)

I lost count that the number of times my PC crashed. The A2A aircraft were the hardest to manage due to their realism eg the mixture settings. I would sometimes get everything looking good to render then realise that the P47 or P51 external tanks were not attached.

I don't know how many times that I rendered the final compilation. Everything would look good only later to see the menu bar in one scene :-[

I had originally intended to use all ORBX scenery but the European scenes were hard to replicate especially the angles of the coastlines for realistic routes, so some FS9 scenery that I had was used. Of course all the low altitude textures are ORBX as they are second to none.

Cheers,

Norm

Archived