Hello after long FSX break, and enjoying NZSI

Hi all,

I'm enjoying FSX after a long break; I still recognise some people on this fine forum, so great to see you all, and hi to everyone else here!

So I got back into FSX after picking up a new rig (i7 2600k) and finally getting great performance from FSX :) .... I have been flying exclusively in FTX Australia for the last couple of weeks, but last evening I felt I deserved a treat, so I bought FTX NZ South Island.

My word, John and team you have really raised the bar, yet again! ... what a beautiful product. I'm afraid I have crossed the Tasman sea for quite some time now, and will be exclusively exploring the NZ South Island for some time!

I know that Orbx no longer discuss future releases (and respect & understand that), so I will jsut say I sooooo hope we will see some FTX Airports for NZSI soon. :)

And in the meantime, can anyone recommend some starting points to fly to/from in NZSI? (Feel free to point me towards existing posts if this has already been done to death).

I am flying the Carenado C208 Grand Caravan HD at the moment, but also I am looking forward to recreating an old aviation video, of a ANZ 737 flight from Christchurch to Queenstown... (anyone else seen that?).

Cheers y'all!

David.

Hi guys, and thanks for the suggestions; I've printed them all and look forward to flying each of them!

PS.. Hi Iain; I'm ashamed to have seen I had a PM from you from 2010 when I logged in, saying hi! ... sorry for the rather late reply ha ha! Hope you're good and well. :)

Archived