AU GREEN [EDITS]

Hi everyone,

What a joy it is to be able to edit this amazing work.  I have flown back and forth in blue and gold and know green comes in with a whole new feeling and look.  And for someone that has basic knowledge about the scenery in australia its like going on a real scenic tour. And as I have said before pure goldmine for someone that does edits  :)

Brgds

Siggi

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Love the first two.. RED I suppose??

Terry, there's a clear overlap between GREEN and RED, so we've actually done a lot of R&D for RED during GREEN development, which will make the development cycle of RED a lot shorter. Despite being called the GREEN region, the area is in fact largely arid and outback except for the fringe areas in tropics.

Number 3 makes me homesick and I live here........!!!!!   ;)

I wish I could see my town in this detail in my sim :)

I´ll just have to make sure that the team does not forgett Iceland if they go global. Witch I´m shure they will have to because nothing is the same in the sim after I installed blue  :D

These shots look fun-tastic! Especially the first pics appear in some sense better than real world photos.  ;D

Btw, are these soft cockpit shadows in pics 2 and 4 created by DX10 or is it edited? Looks surprisingly good!

Until now I didn't want to upgrade from WinXP ...

Cheers

I couldn't help but notice this.  Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this bug.  I tried to bring it up once on avsim but nobody would believe it was an FSX bug, though I don't think anybody at that forum even knows what spot view is. lol  Major pain on the ass if you ask me since I'm a spot view flyer.

Posted Image

Any chance you could let me in on how you created the effect in image 4 please  ;)

Never seen that before and it makes the shot look so real.

Thanks,

Andrew

My edits have a various ways of getting there. It depends on how far the shot is willing to go to.  In this shot its levels and curves that make the effect. 

Siggi

Those first two almost made me home sick ....

Thank you Wirraway even though í´m sorry that the screenshots made you almost homesick, but that comment has to be the best one I have gotten since I started doing screenshots in 2004  :)

No problems mate. Just keep the screenshots coming!

The area I'm most interested in is a bit further south, but the look of the terrain is similar. A little more grey-green in the bushes (salt & blue bush mostly), but the same red soil with a bit of grey clay thrown in a few places. I already have my YBHI to just about everywhere flight plans saved and a few bush airfields slated for modeling!

Archived