Tasmania Free-Demo

Joschu

Hello!

Yesterday I installed AUBlue-freedemo. I did the first demoflight and was deeply impressed by this excellent scenery. Congratulations and thanks for this demo - looks great!

Posted Image

Posted Image

When I arived this river, I was a little bit disappointed by this lined up shorelines.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is this a demospecial only or did I something wrong during installation? Does Holgers-mesh fix this problem?

Best regards

Joschu

Hi Joschu,

welcome to FTX. What you've spotted there are default rivers and lakes. There are no high-resolution spatial data of Australia available at a reasonable fee (which is also why there's no Ultimate Terrain Australia) and thus any changes to shorelines and water bodies need to be done manually. The entire coastline of Tasmania has been drawn by one of our team members but we haven't gotten around to doing the interior of Tasmania yet (or most of the interior of Australia within FTX BLUE and GOLD for that matter). We intend to release updates via service packs once all four parts of Australia are complete.

Please keep in mind that FTX is primarily a ground texture plus land class package. The detailed roads, shorelines, and other features weren't even part of our original "spec sheet" for the projects and just kind of evolved into becoming additional components during development.

In short, what you're seeing is what everyone else is seeing too, for now at least...

Cheers, Holger

Archived