PAKT Vegetation

ba43

I was reading in another post here that some were wishing for more vegetation around the new PAKT airport. I could add some trees, bushes, grasses and flowers to the surrounding area if that would be helpful.

Please let me know of any images that show where PAKT needs some vegetation and I'll give it some attention. I'll add this file to our freeware scenery addon's at Return to Misty Moorings.

We have updates coming for AI Float Planes, shipping in the narrows and other small enhancements for PAKT SP1. We have available now a small office building for our CIRP project that's next to the hangars and terminal at the new airport if you're interested. It's on our CIRP page under "scenery" I believe.

Brad Allen
/>http://return.mistymoorings.com

Well I'm hesitant to do any kind of enhancement like this because, A: It's an ORBX airport and I like the way they do things already without any of my ideas mucking things up. B: It might add to the FPS impact and we don't want to do that.

So, I'll play around with this a little at home but I'm not promising anything on this here. Don't want to disturb the dirt at PAKT by adding bushes and grasses that might cause slower frames in the simulator.

Brad

I will have a Ketchikan Harbor enhancement for PAKT out in the next 24 hours or so that runs from downtown Ketchikan to the area of the 5KE start point. Here is a screenie:

Posted Image

This enhancement will assume that those of you using the Birds in PFJ freeware have disabled it since, until David Roch has a chance to adjust it, it currently suppresses PAKT SP1 autogen in the area. My enhancement scenery uses publicly available libraries (readme.txt will say where to download them from) and requires Flight Simulator Acceleration. And, of course, it requires that you have PAKT SP1 installed though the enhancement does not use any ORBX libraries.

Stiletto2

Early work on the idea of adding some vegetation to the revetments and embankments on the airport at the new PAKT. Just one screenshot for now. No FPS impact on my system at all. Using some of the grasses Ken Hall gave RTMM permission to use last year and some objects from the default vegetation library. I like the grasses but not sure about the bushes yet.

Brad

Posted Image

Well after making an effort at adding some vegetation to PAKT, I've decided that I'm no longer going to attempt this. It's going to definitely impact framerates at the airport and we don't want that. Sorry but I think it's going to have to be done elsewhere if at all. My advice is to leave well enough alone and take it as it is. You want to land at an airport smoothly and as it is without any enhancement by me, there is already a FPS hit on my system. So, I am not interested in taking those numbers down.

I'll stick to adding small scenery areas out in the boondocks of PFJ.

Brad

I will have a Ketchikan Harbor enhancement for PAKT out in the next 24 hours or so that runs from downtown Ketchikan to the area of the 5KE start point. Here is a screenie:

Posted Image

This enhancement will assume that those of you using the Birds in PFJ freeware have disabled it since, until David Roch has a chance to adjust it, it currently suppresses PAKT SP1 autogen in the area. My enhancement scenery uses publicly available libraries (readme.txt will say where to download them from) and requires Flight Simulator Acceleration. And, of course, it requires that you have PAKT SP1 installed though the enhancement does not use any ORBX libraries.

Stiletto2

Tthat looks great... maybe you could talk to the RTMM (Misty Moorings) folks and have it released under their banner, since they already have PAKT area enhancements. Is it available yet? If so, where?

Tthat looks great... maybe you could talk to the RTMM (Misty Moorings) folks and have it released under their banner, since they already have PAKT area enhancements. Is it available yet? If so, where?

Yep, that is what I did. Is it available yet? .....just check the Return To Misty Moorings Addon Scenery forum and/or their Scenery Library each day starting today....I don't think you will have to wait too long.

Stiletto2

Archived