FTX Australia sp4 will not load

jamesreecewilson

Gday all from sunny Australia,

Im having extreme trouble trying to install Aus sp4, ybbn and ymml on my pc,

it suggests i have installed everything properly however when I select fly now,

all i see is loading 0% untill the program becomes unresponsive 10 min later.

I have uninstalled fsx and reinstalled, Orbx as well and still nothing!!!!

Somebody please help as i am missing out on some great scenery!

Pc specs

i7 2600k

liquid cooled

16gb ram

600gb vel rap hdd

60 gb ssd

1000w psu

6870 His gpu

cheers, james

Hi James, welcome to the FTX support forums

You'll need to add your order number to your signature for support, please read this thread for more info
/>http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

Thanks!

Tim

Hi James,

Ta for that,

Firstly I'll assume you have applied the the AU SP4 servicepack, and the latest Orbxlibs last?

Can you open up FTXcentral and cycle between [Default FSX] and [Oceania/Australia] pressing OK each time, and let me know if you get any errors

Cheers

Tim

Hi James, your pc specs are more than enough to run FTX, so just to rule out some things..can you advise me of any other products you have installed? especially any AI or 3rd party Mesh/Landclass

Otherwise try this:

1 - set FTXcentral to [Default FSX]

2 - Delete the entire ORBX folder

3 - Run a search of your FSX folder for 'ORBX' delete ORBX labeled files also (some effects files)

4 - Ensure you have FSX SP1+2 or FSX+Acceleration/GOLD installed

5 - Install the AU SP4 DVD, and after its finished run the AU SP4.002 servicepack, then lastly run the latest Orbxlibs

6 - Now set FTXcentral to [Australia] and load up a flight at YBAS, and report back

Cheers

Tim

will do mate, just deleted all addon software and unistalled fsx again, im going to try what you said after i install it again.

Will report back later!! And thanks for the help!

regards james'

Orbx is the only 3rd party scenery i have. All the rest are aircraft:

wilco 777

wilco airbus evol 1+2

just flight 737

pmdg 747

pmdg 737

level d 767

pmdg js4100

aerosoft dh6

i fly 737

just flight md 81

just flight traffic x

Also i run 3x 24 inch screens off an HIS 6870 if this helps

Ok Tim,

I finally got sp4 working with amazing results! Thankyou very much, however when i then installed Melb Internation V2 my problem arrises again.

Loading terrain data.... 0% stuck!

AHHHHH

When the melb v2 cd was installing it froze around the object flow mark and was unresponsive but then regained itself and finished the loading. Is this a problem?????

All other airports work fine!!!

Hey guys, still having trouble. I can fly in lilydale airport however when i load melb it freezes at 0 % or 28 %

Im not sure whats going on?

It looks like the ymml files and ybbn file is not in the right place???

Orbx>ftx_au

ftxaa Airports

ftxaa orbxlibs

ftxaa ybbn

ftxaa ymml

ftxau05 roads

Is this correct?

cheers james

Hi James,

the airport folders will have their own separate folders, so YBBN & YMML are OK.

What I'm concerned about is that you have only the one AU SP4 folder (FTXAU05 Roads). Is that all the folders that reside in the FTX AU folder? You'll notice from my screenshot of my folder there are another 12 folders.

post-650-0-18664200-1327012374_thumb.jpg

If you have only the one folder, than something has gone wrong with your installation.

Hi James,

I note you have Just Flight Traffic X, you will need to ensure any APX (AFCAD) files included in Traffic X for any of our addon airports is disabled. I think Traffic X has a Scenery folder and in there should be individual files for airports. Do a search for YMML and cut the file and save to a safe place.

FSX does not like duplicate APX files and they often cause crashes and odd behaviour.

In terms of Objectflow you should have got messages on initial startup after installation asking you to agree to use Objectflow. But Objectflow itself is pretty robust and not know to cause crash problems.

Hi Ed and Martin,

Firstly ed, i have the rest of these files that you are showing, i just got lazy and did not add them, so i know thats normal.

An martin i did a full reinstall of fsx with no add ons except orbx Aus sp4 and Melb and bris airports. Nothing else.

I am wondering if i can download the melb file insted of cd boot to see if thats where the problem lies maybe??? Im clutching at straws at present!

I recently omitted 2 out of the 3 screens that i was using and the load times seems to be quicker dont know why?

Sorry to be a pain guys! However i love your scenery and cant wait to get this problem fixed!

Cheers

Nope all is fine, noise is operation (not loud.)

i just ran checkdsk all is fine.....

All other addons in the past have worked, which makes me think i have recieved bad software disks???

I dont understand why this is the only problem ive had? especially now i have the sp4 cd working and nothing else.

Both of the cd's melb and brisbane whilst copying files, pause for 2 min half way through and i have not had issues

like this with other cds.

FEEW! thanks, i thought i was going crazy. Now i cant even get ymml to run at all! With just the sp4 cd. Im just about over this!!!!!

I have the same pc as you almost. However i am running 16g ram, could this be a problem?

Also, am i supposed to see an application in ftx central, ie- a logo next to Default fsx and Australia for YMML and YBBN?

No FTX Central is primarily a tool to turn on and off FTX Regions so if you only have AU then you will have an Australia and a Default icon.

The airports are setup using the normal FSX scenery addon process.

To try to isolate the issue the best method is to run only one addon at a time and test. Confirm they work on their own then try combinations.

So with both FTX AU and YMML installed.

Go to FTX Central and select Default, then try to run YMML and also try loading at Point Cook, Avalon, Essendon and Morrabin as well. If all works the issue might be with AU. If not then you will need to disable YMML manually in the FSX Addon Library menu and deselect FTX_YMML. Restart FSX and try the above airports again and report back.

Then with YMML deselected. close FSX and using FTX Central select FTX AU and try the tests above again.

Loaded moorabin and it froze on o% to start with, then after 2min loaded, so i took off and flew over essendon and melb with no problems how ever scenery was loading slowly in the distance. Too slow.

thats without ymml v2 installed. However if i select to start from melb it just will not load.

I have no problems when i first install sp4. with any airports!

it is only once i load ymml v2 that problems occur so thus means its ymmlv2 that is causing problems, yes?

I can evn load lilydale from your free section and that works with no problems!

Just ran a a small test of my own,

i selected ymml and left it sit at 0% for 15 min, then out of knowhere it loads the rest and vwala! Surley this does not happen to take this long for everyone else does it?

I then selected ybbn after loading it, and sure enough after about 15 min at 0% it loads!

I know they are large scenery packages but why is it taking sooo long? I am downloading cairns ap to see if that makes any difference also. will report back.

I think he already has Wolter! (first post)

No James, this is far from normal.

I'm still not convinced your HDD is functioning normally.

Just to backtrack a bit .. if you had a dud disc, the installer would be unlikely to unpack at all. It is "near impossible" to have a clean scenery install that causes long pauses then continues fine .. and it does seem that you have some basic problems there.

Some steps to try:

1. Cold Reboot. Shutdown after installing scenery, and do a cold restart (sounds obvious, but I know how many times I've overlooked this with loading hangs ... it is now the first thing I do)

2. Disable Antivirus (or at least exclude your FSX Directory and subdirectories from it). Check for other processes (eg windows indexing task etc, while at it) Make sure Windows isn't backing itself up. -- this is very important.

3. Chkdsk Not sure what form your chkdsk took, but:

• logged in as admin group
  • open a command prompt window by typing cmd in the "Run" box
  • use chkdsk with the following options:
chkdsk {drive}: /f /r

(where {drive} is the drive letter of your FSX scenery )

Your system will report that it can't lock the disk, and suggest scheduling a disk check, Answer yes.

Restart and let the disk check complete.

Note any issues.

4. HDD Transfer Speed

If chkdsk all ok, run a basic disc check to make sure you are getting speeds as expected:

HDTune (free version should suffice) --- a Vrap should be able to sustain about 100Mb/sec in non-RAID configuration.

(HDTune can also do a disk surface test, but it is long and tedious)

Controllers don't always function properly --- drivers aren;t always good (the RTM Win7x64 driver for the ICH10R gave me BSODS and lockups for weeks until I figured it out!)

5. Defrag

If no errors and no glitches in the above steps then defrag (any defrag, even the windows one)

Lets get these basic "environment" things out of the way first ... then return to the scenery files issue. On this note, there are large terrain files within the YMML package, which are vulnerable to fragmentation, and/or scanning slowdown.

Archived