NZSI

JimNZ

The frames are great, and more trees. I am sure Orbx must have refined the technology used to create NZSI. (????) I am perplexed. Andrew, how do you find 3D? I am thinking, this spring 1. Go 5650 x 1400 or a 3d monitor. Anyways, my impression of Orbx so far, in two words, Quality and Progressive. I can crank my sliders with NZSI.

We are certainly looking to expand the NZ tree tech to other regions and also revisit older regions, but please understand that it's not a quick fix but a re-engineering of the way autogen trees are implemented.

We never sit still here at Orbx. We have lots of very exciting new tech planned for 2012 :)

The autogen is one thing that has struck me most about NZSI. I have it set to normal and have been amazed at the quantity of trees I am seeing across a wide range of terrain. Obviously the pine forests are a great example of this, particularly around Forest Field (NZFF) in Canterbury. I adjusted it to sparse last night and was surprised by the volume that is still included. Some great work has gone into this product.

This weekend I finally found some time and try NZSI... WOW! I wasn't so amazed about anything FSX for some time.

The scenery and textures are really beautiful! There is so much diversity it's a treat to fly there - of course some credit goes to mother nature as well :D

But all the gorgeousness doesn't stop there. The "default" airports are great, featuring people flow, birds flying above, ... everything feels so real.

The perfomance is also, as mentioned many times, superb. Very dense forrests all around and no sign of any performance drop.

Just amazing!

NZSI brought me closer to home here in wine country California than any scenery ever has in the history of FS...even tho NZ is 1000s of miles away, it felt like home...certianly much more than the default representation of 'home'.

Archived