Loading problem 0S9

ablackhawk2

Hi,

I just installed 0S9 yesterdayand there is a problem with scenery alignment. There are planes hanging above the ground its just not right. When it first loads it crashes then it restartes my plane looks like its on the water or something. Is there some help you have for me to fix this?

Kind regards,

Ken

Hi Ken, sorry for the delay! Hmm, I haven't seen this one before and unfortunately don't quite know what might be causing it... I've notified some of the other developers and we'll work hard to get this issue ironed out for you. In the meantime, a few things to check:

• Does it only happen at 0S9?
  • Did you have NA active while installing the scenery?
  • Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the scenery?
Thanks for your patience!

-Scott

Hi,

This problem is strange. I have noticted when tthe scenery first loads it crashes then restarts with the screenshot you seen. Another thing is if I just slew the plane up just a little everthing

looks fine. But when I take it out of the slew mode it sinks back down and we have those sceenshot. It seems that it is in a hole. Could this be some elevation problem?

Am not clear on what you mean by VRAM exhaustion and general GPU overload. I have all your na scenerys and they work fine. I have all setting you suggest fot FSX. Everything looks great

when I slew it up. My computer is a Dell XPS 730X- i7cpu -6.00 GB ram I thing my computer is ok.

VRAM refers to your video memory, it looks like the XPS 730X came equipped with either a GTX285 or a 4870 X2 which would seem to be powerful enough. VRAM exhaustion is when your graphics card's memory is filled. In FSX this leads to artifacts like no ground, spikes, black squares, etc.

If you can slew up and everything is fine, then it sounds like you may have conflicting APX files. What elevation is your active runway at? Do you have any other sceneries that impact 0S9?

Another thing to look at is whether you have anothe AFD file for the airport. It could be that you have had another scenery that has not completely uninstalled, an additional file in an ai system, such as MyTraffic X or else and addon for the area that includes altitude corrections. I often find that problems like these are caused for users of MTX and if you are one of these then look in the MTX scenery folder and see if there is a pertinent file with the suffix br2_. Also look in your world\scenery folder to see if there is an .alt file for the airport as well.

Norman

The default height for 0S9 is 107ft, which allowing for the difference between ground level and the height of your altimetter in the cockpit is about the same. So you are loading at the default height not the height as in the AFD for PNW. AFAIK this will only happen in two instances; either you have an AFD file at default height that is interfering with the PNW one, or you have a mesh that is set at the default height for this location. Do you have any addon meshes for this area, or other addons that could have height data in them?

Norman

Also (and you may have already done this), but make sure that 0S9 and PNW are at the top of your scenery library. I'm thinking hard of what else to try, although at this point it does look like interference from another scenery addon of some kind. It may be a bit of work, but I would try uninstalling some of your other addons and testing 0S9 after each uninstall in order to find the culprit. Sorry for this trouble!

-Scott

Hi,

Ok you guys I got a new one. You know first of if you guys did'nt have so GOOD of scenery I would ask for all this good help you are giving me. I have all your scenery except 0S9 and I hate yo quit

on it. Ok if I load the 0S9 right from the start of FSX it will load ok. It looks ok but there are mounds which I think would be mesh problem but it loads. I have done all you have suggested but defrag.

What do we have left we can do. Thanks.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Just curious, what caused the change? If it was a specific addon that you disabled, it would be very beneficial for us to know what it was so we can more easily resolve these sorts of issues in the future.

Also, if you wouldn't mind, could you please post your 0S9 order # in your sig? Thanks!

-Scott

Hi

Ok guys first of all I got it to load on the runway by loading at the free flight screen you know before FSX loads your defult fight. But with the mounds all over the place. I had the idea to try that. But it still

will not load on the runway if I load it after FSX loads. I hope am makeing sense because this is causing me to start drinking. Just kidding. You wanted screenshots of the mounds,the last one is from the

first problem.

Ken

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi Ken,

We're still hard at work on fixing your issue, and progress is being made on figuring out the cause. Thanks again for your patience, and sorry for the trouble!

To help us out, could you please post some screenshots of your scenery library in FSX? That will let us know which addon sceneries you have installed. Since you probably won't be able to get all entries into one shot, scroll down the list and take another shot of each section.

Also, I don't believe we ever got a definitive answer - Do you have an AI traffic program installed? (MyTrafficX, Ultimate Traffic, etc.)

-Scott

Hi Ken,

Yes I was pretty bummed to see that my post disappeared, too. :/ It said something to the effect of this:

First, run a search for "0S9" in your main FSX installation folder (use search bar in top right). The search should return 92 files, most of them with either "ORBX" or "FTX" somewhere in the title. There are four GOOD files that don't contain ORBX or FTX though; they are as follows:

0S9 User Guide.pdf

0S9_ADEX_SRA_CVX.bgl

scenerylib__US_0S9.cfg

Objectflow_0S9.dll

If any other files turn up, please post their names here so we can determine if they should be switched off or not.

If no other files turn up, try deactivating the following entries from your library, one by one, to see if we can find the culprit:

UT USA Airports

All Megascenery Earth Washington entries

NEXTMap ProMesh

Uninstall FS Global 2010 (if you have it)

Uninstall My Traffic X

Archived