FTX install gone bad

jcagle

Hello,

I recently re-installed FSX after a computer crash and got to a point where I was ready to install FTX this week. I bought a few airports in addition to the base packages I already had at the annual sale. After running the install of FTX AU and FTX NA, my scenery is wrecked. *I've attached screenshots of Paine Field from google, then without FTX Active (post install) and then with FTX active. I also tried to load the newly purchased airfield of PAKT and twice the computer hung at 76% loading the simulation (autogen). I've got no idea what's gone wrong, but help would be really appreciated.

*I would like to upload images of what this looks like, but can't find any attach function in the post editor. What I'm seeing is a total loss of the water/ocean class and and endless set of garbled squares of mixed textures. They are different for when FTX is either de-active of active, but it's all seems to be a mess.

Regards,

John

(All items purchased from the Flightsim Store)

FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest

Order Number: FSS0052030

FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Fjords

Order Number: FSS0110391

FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Northern Rocky Mountains

Order Number: FSS0110391

FTX: NA Gold USA Central Rocky Mountains

Order Number: FSS0120737

FTX: NA PAKT Ketchikan International Airport

Order Number: FSS0143416

Hi John,

Sorry to hear of your issues, please follow the above link to the instructions on posting an image as this will help with diagnosis

And please let us know of any other products you may have installed in this general area.. 3rd party mesh, 3rd party AI, GEX/UTX and so on, as well as a brief description of your computer specs (OS, GPU, CPU, RAM)

Cheers

Tim

Great, thanks for the help guys. Here are my system specs and pictures are below

It's worth noting that this setup is exactly as it was with the previous install of FSX, so I'm pretty certain it possible for everything to get along.

Other 3rd Party software:

Scenery: UTX/GEX + FS Global Mesh

AI: My Traffic v5.4

System

- Windows 7 x64 (UAC Disabled)

- i7 Quad @3.2GHz

- 6GB Ram

- 2x Nvidia GTX 460

Google Reference:

Posted Image

FTX Disabled:

Posted Image

FTX Enabled:

Posted Image

Hello John,

I believe I've tried taking both of those actions. I opened the setup tool for UTX and it checked out as validated on start-up. I then cycled through enabling and disabling UTX features before trying default and FTX textures. Is there another step to the validation that I am missing?

edit: I also did a complete back-up of my FSX directory before installing FTX (I'm a little paranoid). So I disabled FTX and substituted in the previous good terrain.cfg and things still look about the same.

Hi there,

there's a backup copy of the default FSX terrain.cfg file in \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work. Replace the current version in your main FSX folder with a copy of the backup, then start both the UTX Setup tools and FTX Central at least once to have them re-insert their respective terrain.cfg custom entries. Hopefully, that'll fix the issue.

Cheers, Holger

Archived