1WA6 Fall City won't install -- what should I do?

Drizzle

Got 1WA6 Fall City for Christmas!! :D Eagerly ran to install to my flying computer, but the install utility freezes at 6%, struggles through a couple of file-strings, and then gives me the following message: ???

1WA6 Fall City Version 1.0 has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

File corrupt or unreadable:

ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ORBX_libs_bw_veg.BGL

You will have to run this utility again to completely install 1WA6 Fall City Version 1.0

Based on the amount of disk space free before and after this install attempt, I don't think the install even got properly started.

The DVD is clean, so it shouldn't be due to the "unreadable" part... Do I need to return the disk? Would that be to the vendor, or to ORBX? Is there a downloadable version, so I won't need to wait for for the disks to travel back and forth in the mail?? What to do???

I am so loving the wonderful ORBX scenery I've bought so far -- and Snoqualmie Falls is a haunt my wife and I used to frequent to "get away from it all", back when we were first married, so I am so eager to start enjoying this new installment on my ORBX journey!

My wife purchased this for me through FlightSim Pilot Shop -- their purchase number is: Order #379377 (And I have the PNW purchase number listed in my signature...)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Drizzle

Hi Drizzle,

sorry to hear about that issue. You could try copying the content of the DVD onto your harddrive and start the installer from there. If that doesn't work then it's probably an issue with the disk itself and you'll need to open a support ticket with the vendor to request a replacement disk.

Cheers, Holger

Thank you Holger.

I tried your suggestion, but the application file (the 6xx,xxxMB one) will not copy. Since it appears to be a disk issue, I've opened a ticket with FlightSim Pilot Shop, requesting a replacement disk.

Thanks again,

Drizzle

Thank you Jorge for that suggestion. I'll give that a try.

Disappointingly, FlightSim Pilot Shop has punted this back to you folks at FTX, saying it's a "technical troubleshooting issue", even though I had told them you folks have said it's a disk replacement issue (as per Holger's post above)....

Drizzle

To their credit, with a little extra push-back from me, FS Pilot Shop appears to be following through on the replacement of the disk. Still disappointed with the manner of getting here (resolution), but pleased to be looking forward to ultimately having my problem behind me.

Meanwhile, I am really enjoying Anacortes -- my OTHER Christmas present!! :D

Archived