Floating aircraft at PAKT

Mike62

I had this at first as well. I just reloaded the airport and all was fine. Also, make sure you don't install an older version of the orbxlibs as the PAKT installer has the latest version as of today.

Hope this helps. Happy holidays!

To chime in with Alex,

indeed you cannot use external APX files due to the nature of how PAKT is build,

the traffic files will only operate on a flat surface wich PAKT is absolutely not,

so please make sure you disable / delete any 3rd party traffic files that have PAKT in it

. . . so please make sure you disable / delete any 3rd party traffic files that have PAKT in it

Hi Wolter: I'm having the same problem, but I'm wondering where in the directory structure one would find such files as you mention?

This is my first such installation snag with Orbx sceneries, so be gentle. :P

I kinda remember that when I installed Tongass (or was it PFJ) that I had to turn off 2 BGL's that belonged to UTX off. Perhaps now those 2(?) newTongass ones need to be turned off to accommodate the PAKT addon. Just a guess.

My PAKT is floating way above the original PFJ scenery. I can fly and land on the PFJ version. The new PAKT is at least 500 ft. above. Funny to see little people walking a 1/4 above me and objects floating in space. Very disappointed. The original PFJ scenery was workable this is a mess. I have installed several times with no change. Completely unusable and uncceptable. This was suppose to be a Christmas present.

If you're having issues with floating, please reload. If the issue persists then check for 3rd party AFX files.

To find third party AFX files just search PAKT and if it isn't a default FSX file, PFJ file, or PAKT addon, then it is likely to be the culprit.

I found a work around for my elevation problem. I actually saw PAKT the way it was suppose to be. The way the pictures show it. I used the scenery configuration editor and found the layer: FTX _ _ AA _ PAKT among the previous scenery layers from PFJ and PNW. Simply moved this layer to priority number one. Above everything else. It worked, the airport was correct, the seaplane docks were on the water and the Alaska Air 737 is parked in front of the terminal. Wonderful. I paused to take a screen shot, the scenery reloaded and everything vanished and retuned to pakt in the sky again. But I did see it correctly if only briefly. Lee

I seem to have my elevation errors have completly resolved after moving layer ORBX FTX _AA_ _ PAKT to the priority number one position. FSX has loaded and come up with Ketchican correctly now several times. I intend to leave it this way untill somebody else at ORBX has a better idea. By the way it seems really dark there at night. I have already landed at night then taxied my 185 right over a cliff in the dark looking for the taxi way. And it seems the ILS for rwy 08 is now very steep. Minor issues. Lee

I had the same problem.

Had also Traffic X installed; so turned AF2_PAKT.bgl off by renaming as AF2_PAKT.off;.... problem is solved.

( you find AF2_PAKT.bgl under ... Microsoft Flight Simulator X/JustFlight/TrafficX/AirportFacilities/Scenery/ )

The floating airplanes are indeed from 3rd party addons

By the way, This airport is awson

That is correct, due to the unique nature of the airport layout and different development technique to realise the elevation differences, any other 3rd party AI files for PAKT will cause issues. This is because they lter the APX which has been very specifically set up at PAKT to make the elevations work correctly.

Unfortunately there is no way for us to compensate for other developers files, so you have to follow the above advice to dissable their PAKT apx files.

The reason everything appears to be floating is because the 3rd party apx files are forcing you to start below the airport elevation.

Russ

Hi there guys I got the same issues, but I have no 3rd party traffic installed on the system but I will tell that after installing PAKT airport I also installed the FTXORBXLIBS_111207 after the PAKT install and now Im seeing this is the wrong thing to do (I was told to do that by a non developer).

Well tryed the fixes posted above and nothing works.

I will say that I flew in to the airport and everything was great and looked good but now when I takeoff from the airport things are not right, I cant even find the uninstaller for any of the ORBX sceneries, where are they?

I use airhauler and airhauler will start you from where you last parked so I cant even taxi UP to the runway.

I know you guys will find a fix and I will wait it out, hopefully not long.

Marry Christmas guys and keep up the good work.

Larry

opps sorry i'll do that

ok well im not much of a fourm writing type of guy and I always wanted to figger out how to put thouse cool system spec and other stuff under my post that I wrote, sorry for being a (lack of better word) dumb a. but here is my order number FSS0142522.

And Wolter the link you gave me points me to where it says but I could not find how to put that stuff under my sig (but I do want too know). Sorry for the issue and thanks for the reply back.

Larry

no worries Larry ;)

I've added your ordernumbers to your sig.

as for your lil problem, simply re-install PAKT and you should be fine :)

as for your Sig, go to your control panel, forum profile and there you can edit it hit, apply and it should show

I've tryed to find the uninstallers in the normal spots but could not find them, please tell me where they are.

Lar

ok well I already reinstalled overtop of PAKT before I even started writing in the fourms about this issue, thank you for all your replys back but I think its got something with the elavation thing becouse if I start on the active rwy everything is good but if I start FSX with airhauler running and start with the last place I parked thats where issues start.

I'll just have to start on the active rwy or something

you can see how many sceneries I got from you guys and this it the first problem I have got, so you guys are in great standing with me.

I know the issue will be fixed in a SP or something so I can start in the last place I parked

Thank you for your help

Lar

BTW, PAKT is my new home base for airhauler so I'll be there alot, I've been waiting for the ORBX team to come out with an airport that will support a 737

ok well I already reinstalled overtop of PAKT before I even started writing in the fourms about this issue, thank you for all your replys back but I think its got something with the elavation thing becouse if I start on the active rwy everything is good but if I start FSX with airhauler running and start with the last place I parked thats where issues start.

I'll just have to start on the active rwy or something

you can see how many sceneries I got from you guys and this it the first problem I have got, so you guys are in great standing with me.

I know the issue will be fixed in a SP or something so I can start in the last place I parked

Thank you for your help

Lar

BTW, PAKT is my new home base for airhauler so I'll be there alot, I've been waiting for the ORBX team to come out with an airport that will support a 737

You said that you use Air Hauler to reload your last saved position, was this last position saved before you installed PAKT? If so it may have saved your altitude and upon reloading, placed you lower than the elevation of the PAKT addon

I solved for myself the elevation errors ar the new PAKT (same as yours: floating above around 50 ft) as follows: I just deactivated (.bgl_OFF) the two bgl-files "ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_17AK_Ketchikan_TEMSCO_heli_1m_ALT.bgl" & "ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_AK1H_Ketchikan_N_Tongass_Hwy_heli_8m_ALT.bgl" in the Scenery\World\Scenery-Folder. (After a long haul of experiments ::) )

Now everything is correct at least elevation wise!

The former airport apron + RTMM scenery at that airport (CIRP office at PAKT!) sits further on beneath the new PAKT airport (in the underground so to say :ph34r: )

Rainer

You said that you use Air Hauler to reload your last saved position, was this last position saved before you installed PAKT? If so it may have saved your altitude and upon reloading, placed you lower than the elevation of the PAKT addon

no this is after the ORBX PAKT when i last parked

I solved for myself the elevation errors ar the new PAKT (same as yours: floating above around 50 ft) as follows: I just deactivated (.bgl_OFF) the two bgl-files "ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_17AK_Ketchikan_TEMSCO_heli_1m_ALT.bgl" & "ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_AK1H_Ketchikan_N_Tongass_Hwy_heli_8m_ALT.bgl" in the Scenery\World\Scenery-Folder. (After a long haul of experiments ::) )

The former airport apron + RTMM scenery at that airport (CIRP office at PAKT!) sits further on beneath the new PAKT airport (in the underground so to say :ph34r: )

Rainer

Well this didnt work eather

Guys thanks for all your help I give up, there is an option to choose which gate to start at in airhauler and I cant even do that, no gates are listed there. But like I said in an previous post "iI can start on an active rwy and all is ok".

Its alright, there is an obvious problem, I know there will be a fix.

Thanks again

Lar

Have you tried starting at postion 1 or 2? They are starts from parking spots and although they are not listed as 'runway' starts Air Hauler may think they are. As I've stated on another thread, you just cannot place normal parking spots at this airport as it has multi levels and FSX will only allow airports which are dead flat. We have done a number of things differently to make this airport work within the FSX framework and at this point I see nothing that needs to be 'fixed' in this regard.

ok, now I fill like a big AHole, its not the scenery its a airhauler thing. I picked postion 1 for PAKT and everything was good. Before i was just picking an active rwy and things were good, went to airhauler and things were bad.

Sorry for wasting everybodys time.

Airhauler does not pick up parking postions in PAKT for some reason and just puts me in the place that i last parked.

I see now its nothing to do with your scenery its a airhauler thing.

sorry for the confusion and thank you for your time and i'll stop bothering you guys

Lar

I started this thread and have been out of town so I could not respond. I just recently reinstalled FSX and have not installed any traffic programs so that should not be an issue. I get this problem when picking start location 2 but start location 1 is ok. I tried reinstalling and get the same issue. If I wanted to install fresh, do I only delete the PAKT Folder from the Orbx directory? Would Tongass X have any conflicts with this scenery? Thanks for everyone's help.

Rainer

Unfortunately this did not solve my problem.

mike

I seem to have my elevation errors have completly resolved after moving layer ORBX FTX _AA_ _ PAKT to the priority number one position. FSX has loaded and come up with Ketchican correctly now several times. I intend to leave it this way untill somebody else at ORBX has a better idea. By the way it seems really dark there at night. I have already landed at night then taxied my 185 right over a cliff in the dark looking for the taxi way. And it seems the ILS for rwy 08 is now very steep. Minor issues. Lee

This did not resolve my issue. I am very disappointed.

Mike

Archived