Day/Night Switcher. Reported as a Trojan!?

bruce e

I originally installed the above app when it initially came out & it worked fine.

On installing the latest Orbx Lib, which includes the Day/Night switcher, for some reason my anti virus (McAffe) keeps deleating the Night Switcher reporting it as a Trojan. The Day part remains ok. The only way I can install the Night element is to turn off my anti virus, which obviously isn't a good long term fix.

Any thoughts from all you wise people out there.

I'm also now not able to switch day or night as my McAfee Total Protection is reporting them both as Trojans. This topic is showing as answered, but I'm not seeing a workaround besides advice on getting a different anti-virus program. That's not an option for me.

Brad

I've ditched McAffe & am now using MS Security Essentials. It has had some excellent reviews & it's FREE & D/N switcher is NOT recognised as a trojan

Thanks for the advice but not ready to ditch McAffe yet just paid for another full year only last week!! Other than this problem i have never ever had any issues whatsoever on my whole system.

Does McAffe have the ability to allow you to not scan specific folders such as the FSX folder? If so set up a folder to place the download of the Day/Night switcher in that has been excluded from being scanned by McAffe. Perhaps this will allow you to install the utility from the excluded folder.

The problem, and hence the solution rests with McAfee.

You need to contact them to get them to address their virus signatures.

If they are unable to do this, then you seriously need to consider the quality of the product/service they provide.

Perhaps a refund request would be in order if the product is not suitable for purpose.

Sent from my mobile .. words substituted by iPhone at will.

Archived