Default VS FTX (Comparisons)

Misha Cajic

Well I think I kno which one wins ;D

These pairs of screenshots are taken at exactly the same place with Default scenery first and then FTX enabled. The difference if you ask me is nothing short of stunning. Great work guys :)

These are only in PNW. I'll make some in Aussie when I get the time.

Enjoy!

Portland City Centre- Default FSX

Posted Image

Portland City Centre- FTX PNW + Freeware FTX PDX CityScape

Posted Image

Bowerman- Default FSX

Posted Image

Bowerman- FTX PNW + Freeware FTX Bowerman Airport scenery

Posted Image

Around 1WA6- Default FSX (There is nothing here!?)

Posted Image

Around 1WA6- FTX PNW + Payware FTX 1WA6 Fall City (SO MUCH BETTER!)

Posted Image

Snoqualmie quarries (where are they?!)- Default FSX

Posted Image

Snoqualmie quarries (there they are!)- FTX PNW + Payware FTX 1WA6 Fall City

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/193Capture.jpg

Which one do you choose? That question actually answers itself... FTX!

Great job guys and look forward to buying more of your scenery in the future :D

Cheers.

Guest J van E

Around 1WA6- Default FSX (There is nothing here!?)

Snoqualmie quarries (where are they?!)- Default FSX

Although I obviously agree that FTX is sooooooooo much better, I don't think it's fair to question FSX and wonder why the heck MS/Aces left out 1WA6 and those quarries...

There are still TONS of stuff and things that even FTX doesn't show: I could make similar comparison shots between default PNW and an addon airport for PNW...! For instance I doubt if default PNW shows anything where 1WA6 is...! Well, it isn't there for the same obvious reason as MS left out some stuff when they were recreating the entire world... So if you (sort of) imply that FSX is crap because it doesn't show some details, you are in fact saying PNW is crap because it doesn't show some details either... ;) Yes, I am exaggerating, but without FSX FTX wouldn't exist, so... please be gentle on FSX. ;)

Apart from all that, I am also sooooooooo glad I am able to fly above FTX scenery...! ;)

Although I obviously agree that FTX is sooooooooo much better, I don't think it's fair to question FSX and wonder why the heck MS/Aces left out 1WA6 and those quarries... And btw there are still TONS of stuff and things that even FTX doesn't show: I could make similar comparison shots between default PNW and an addon airport for PNW and say 'where is that shack in PNW default'? Well, it isn't there for the same obvious reason as MS left out some stuff when they were recreating the entire world...

Apart from that, I am soooooooooo glad I am able to fly above FTX scenery...! ;)

I agree with that, however I was simply stating how much better FTX was. I wasn't being picky at all like 'oh Microsoft left out the quarries they are so badddd', and I understand that MS had a limited time to create the scenery for FSX. Of course default PNW leaves out a lot of things but not nearly as much as default ;)

Great shots, and yes I think Orbx ruins you for other scenery, I must admit I am having a hard time trying out Xplane 10 due to being used to Orbx in FSX.

I keep telling myself that XP10 scenery is better than FSX default scenery to be fair to it, but of course I am saying this knowing full well that I rarely if ever fly in default FSX scenery. I plan to keep flying Orbx scenery in FSX for a long time, then in Prepar3D or Flight or XP10 or whatever comes next and Orbx supports.

Archived