KHQM problem

JohnJJr

I've installed KHQM in pnw and I seem to be getting some visual artifacts near the shoreline around the big smoke stack and storage tanks. These look like dark bluish shadows along the tanks, trees and smoke stack. They are stactic. I don' t have ground shadows checked and no matter what time of day they won't go away. Have those textures been corupted? Is there a fix? Sorry I'm new to fsx so I don't know how to take a screen shot.

To Take a screenshot (which I think we'll need from your description)

Press "V" key in FSX

Open {Username}\My Pictures\FSX to find the folder where the pictures are stored

Open the bmp file in Paint or similar

Save as a jpg (smaller size for posting on the forum

Upload the file to a hosting site / photobucket etc

Instructions for posting a picture are in the Screenshots forum.

EDIT: Tims way ahead of me!

Just wondering is it a big deal to remove it--if it is I'll forget it. Also from these pics can you suggest any settings in the fsx cfg to sharpen up the groung textures. I have the reconmended settings thru nvidia inspector, and downloaded a tweaked fsx. cfg file from bjoete. I'm just getting all the fsx programs loaded and want the best visuals I can get. I'll add my spec's to my sig.

Your ground textures look sharp enough already. You can't make FSX do miracles :)

Have you installed the latest Orbxlibs which includes our free FTX Aero tool? Using that you can set the ground bump map to "Coarse" which makes a huge difference in quality when you are on the ground at KHQM.

Archived