Squeeker's DC-3

Thankx for the friendly comments fella's,

I'm experimenting a lil bit with the screenshots, and it seems the path I've followed leads to some nice results ;D

although i may just create my own, come to think it  ;)

Hey Russ by all means buddy, in case off I'll gladly act as guinnee piggie ;D

Wow Wolter!! Great work with a flawed product. (I really struggled with getting everything to "line up" with the default DC3 paint. The carenado stuff is much easier to play with. When I see my repaints I just see the flaws  :-[ .). That ground texture is a huge improvement..  Yep get to work on that texture Russ  ;D

I'll keep plugging away at the paints. These are really just practice runs for when Carenado release their C152 - I'd love to do a thorough job on the outside of that plane  ;D

Steve.

Hi Russ,

I got it from www.avsim.com , it's the HI-RES 4096x4096 detail1.bmp version

Filename: detail.zip

Author: Aimé Leclercq

Wolter, from a rookie perspective what is this file and what effect wouldd it have on ftx scenery or would it compliment it? and does it effect fps?

Wolter, from a rookie perspective what is this file and what effect wouldd it have on ftx scenery or would it compliment it? and does it effect fps?

Hi Ryan,

it will alter your ground detail and add the very detailled "grass" look ,see best the 3rd screenie and open the fullsize one, as for effect of fps I must admit that I haven't noticed any, now Russ needs to get in gear :D;)

file resides in your Scenery/World/Scenery folder, make a backup of the one you got there, rename it to detail1.org_bmp and toss this one in, you'll be pleasantly surprised ;)

Steve, there are paint kits for the Carenado planes??

Not that I know of - although there may well be. I just open one of the stock paints with DXTBmp, which then exports it to a paint program. From there its a case of painting and trial and error. BTW is the AVSIM file library down for everyone at the moment?

Steve, there are paint kits for the Carenado planes??

Not that I know of - although there may well be. I just open one of the stock paints with DXTBmp, which then exports it to a paint program. From there its a case of painting and trial and error.

Ok, I guess I have to learn more. Like how to preserve rivet lines etc ....

Archived