Flying out of Rocky

Derek McAllan

G'day all,

Took some time to do a screenshot set yesterday while flying a run from Rockhampton down to Brisvegas in one of my favourite aircraft - the Pilatus PC-12. Weather was real via REX for the duration of the flight, which was set early morning in December, and provided a cloudy, hazy environment for the flight. Enjoy!

Posted Image

Preflight at Rockhampton, awaiting the arrival of a load of RAAF VIP visitors to return to Brisbane.

Posted Image

Climbing out and towards some nasty convective weather. A very hazy day too.

Posted Image

Lining up on the VOR track out of Rockhampton

Posted Image

Overflight of the East End limestone mine

Posted Image

Dodging some weather inland from Bundy

Posted Image

Hazy dayz

Posted Image

Finally on descent into Brisbane, flying vectors around to the Runway 01 ILS approach

Posted Image

All lined up on a very straightforward ILS approach

Posted Image

Better View

Posted Image

And safely on the ground.

Thanks for watching folks, comments/criticism always welcome!

Cheers,

Derek

Thanks guys, it's great to be back on deck!

Wont be long before I can land at "Brisvegas" : ) with my sliders up , new rig coming , looking fwd to that . Dont have the PC12 , looks good . Cheers.

Look forward to seeing how you go mate. I, for one, am having a ball with my new rig. It's so much more fun with the detail cranked up!

Awesome pictures. I love the detail you have with your settings. The aircraft is also eyecandy :) How is the cockpit ?

The PC-12 is a peach. Wonderful to fly, one of the better behaving turboprop aircraft out there. The VC is great, well laid out and modelled, everything is clear and looks nice, but it's one of those planes that looks showroom new and a bit "plasticky." I'd love to see one of the talented repainters out there do a nicely scuffed up and well used interior, fingerprints on the instruments etc. Would fit nicely with the awesome RFDS paints.

Yikes what a set! Well done Warp :)

Thanks Tim! Great to see you around, hope you're feeling better mate. Look after yourself!

Cheers,

Derek

Archived