C337 a bobble head?

bailout3

I have seen the good reviews of the new C337 but I have stayed away from this company since being in FSX with a new PC because back in FS9 I found the a/c that I had purchased ( Mo21 & PA28 ) to be very sensitive bobbing up & down when climbing or descending. The interior & exterior were great but the handling performance sucked. I tried tweaking my controls but nothing worked. I had other a/c such as Flight1 a/c & they performed well. I am now in FSX but am still hesitant from waisting any more $ on the products from Car.

Has anyone else had this problem in Fs9 & what about the FSX version of the C337?

If you mean the Carenado 337, I have it, and it's one of my two favorite birds to hand-fly, the other being the Turbine Duke. The 337 feels very solid to me, definitely doesn't bobble around, although it reacts slowly to elev trim changes so it does take a while to get it trimmed for straight & level cruise. I'm not a huge fan of the 337 in real life actually, but it's about all I fly in the sim anymore.

Jim

The flight model is pretty good, it's also one of my favorite birds to fly. I wish Carenado and team would do a better job in modelling the systems to be more realistic, but with the C337 you get a solid flight model, and great visuals and nice VC with the option of adding the Reality XP gauges, but that's it. The RealAir Turbine Duke has pretty much set the standard that I hope Carenado and others can match ::)

Cheers

Learn to trim the aircraft will certainly help too one thing I noticed with the Mooney and Cherokee is they acurately represent (within the constraints of FSX) these aircraft BUT if the pitch sensitivity then either degrease the sensativity in your actual Joystick or Yoke and or turn the pitch sensitivity down in the flight model.

To increase trim sensitivity open the aircraft.cfg...scroll down to [flight_tuning]...find elevator_trim_effectiveness=1.0 ...increase by .5 (i.e., 1.5) until desired trim level is reached.

To increase pitch stability follow the above...find pitch_stability=1.0 ...increase by .5 as needed.

Make sure you go back to the sim to test the results of changes made.

Hope this helps.

To increase trim sensitivity open the aircraft.cfg...scroll down to [flight_tuning]...find elevator_trim_effectiveness=1.0 ...increase by .5 (i.e., 1.5) until desired trim level is reached.

To increase pitch stability follow the above...find pitch_stability=1.0 ...increase by .5 as needed.

Make sure you go back to the sim to test the results of changes made.

Hope this helps.

It's not that the trim sensitivity itself needs to be adjusted, that's one of the nicest things about the 337 and I wouldn't want to change it because it's almost a perfect match for RealTrimX the way it is. What I meant is that it takes a long time for a trim input to affect the attitude of the aircraft. Maybe it would be more appropriate to say it takes a long time for a trim input to finish affecting the nose attitude. It's a moot point for me though because I rarely maintain a cruise altitude for more than a few minutes anyway, there's always another airport just off the nose that I'll be landing at, so I don't spend much time in cruise.

Jim

Thanks for the tips. I will give the 337 a try without touching anything & hopefully it will trim up well. I start to sweat when thinking about opening config files, afraid I will do something stupid. I am not experienced, however your description makes it almost feasible for even me & I appreciate it.

What I meant is that it takes a long time for a trim input to affect the attitude of the aircraft. Maybe it would be more appropriate to say it takes a long time for a trim input to finish affecting the nose attitude.

Trim input shouldn't actually affect the nose attitude as it 'should' be only used to trim away the stick/yoke force. You establish the new attitude with the yoke and trim aftwerwards.

I've chosen a rather 'slow' trim to allow a more precise / higher resolution elevator trimming.

In the FSX menu I've even set the elevator trim 'repeat' to only 50% which makes the trim even slower...

Archived