FTX USA/Canada NR won't Install

bjh424

Purchased this product and tried to install it and althought all the files were downloaded into Program files/ Microsoft games/ Flight Sim X when I clicked on the North America Region Apply button I received the message that the Path to Flight sim X could not be found... Thats it ?? I do have the orginal FSX CD and I don't think there is problem with my registery but I'm not sure..

if the FTX installer can not find your fsX install then it means that the registry entry for fsX is fubar as the installer looks for that to know where it needs to install the files.

get the registry entry repair tooly here => http://fullterrain.com/support.html look for it at th bottom of the page

• 4 weeks later...

Since your last recommendations I have done the following,

Tried your suggestions - no luck.

Purchased a new computer with Windows 7, i7 intel @ 2600 3.4 ghz. Loaded a new FSX gold edtion.\ and tried to load Orbx ftx. With the same results. Could not find the path to FSX.

Now tell me, what are the odds that both my old computer with a old version of FSX and the new computer with a new Gold FSX have, as you say fubar!!?

I would like to return the product. Please advise.

BJH

Per ORBX recommendations the latest ORBX Library should be installed after the scenery region has been installed.

When responding I consulted with Tim and by my understanding in the event you only have PFJ or NRM, the Orbx Library should be installed beforehand to create some necessary links :)

The 'could not find part of the path' error pops up if NRM is your first ORBX region pack installed due to a missing empty 'backup' folder, if you had another of our regions packs already installed prior you would not get this error, simplest thing to do is run the latest Orbxlibs right after you install a region pack as advised and the error will be resolved

Cheers

Tim

Archived