Control Tower View - Saved Flights

tpollen

For those not aware of the feature, here are some Control Tower View saved flights for Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.

View your FTX AI from "The Best Seat in the House".  8) Zoom in to the Radar Screen to listen to and change ATC Frequencies.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQY7E7NO (18kb) Extract the rar file into your "My Documents\Flight Simulator Files" folder

Posted Image

What great fun watching the AI come and go at Ymml. What is the best way to prevent all the go arounds that I am seeing ?

Reduce the AI Traffic slider back to 50% or less.

I wound it up to 100%, sat at the end of the runway and the traffic waiting to take-off built up because of so many wanting to land.

If there is an aircraft on the runway, then others wanting to land will go around.

If there are too many waiting to take off, they seem to time out and just ...... disappear.

I get 15fps just sitting near the end of the runway adjacent to the tarmac with 50& traffic and just enjoy. :)

Or take the Ultralight up and come in slightly high as if to land and watch the AI fly under you and land - awesome.

What great fun watching the AI come and go at Ymml. What is the best way to prevent all the go arounds that I am seeing ?

We'll be releasing a hotfix for cross-runway support that reduces (but does not totally prevent) all the go-arounds at YMML. The thing to remember is that FSX spawns all the AI close to the airport in the first 15 mins which causes the congestion. Wait about 20 mins and things usually ease up to a more realistic flow.

Archived