Off I go...The dreaded reinstall

Matthew Kane

Well it has been over a year and my Windows 7 is starting to get sluggish.....So I am going to make this Windows Reinstall weekend. Wipe the drive clean and start again.

Perfect timeing for Prepar3D 1.2 this week so I can test that out on a clean install and compare that with the ORBX PNW with my FSX. See how much of a performance gain P3D is over FSX.

So I've got a fridge stocked with Heineken, an All Blacks vs France game on the Telly tonight and a long reinstall process ahead of me.....Sounds like a perfect night to do this

GO ALL BLACKS...... :D

Posted Image

Good luck Matt. Remember, don't rush it ;)

I think i might of rushed mine and now its making me suffer a little with cloud issues, i can have full overcast at the airport im taking off from and after i have flown 10nm they all disappear and dont come back until im almost in them, it is annoying as i do like my clouds.

I think i might of rushed mine and now its making me suffer a little with cloud issues, i can have full overcast at the airport im taking off from and after i have flown 10nm they all disappear and dont come back until im almost in them, it is annoying as i do like my clouds.

Mmm, I know. A reinstall of all addons, depending on how many you have obviously, but should take days, or even weeks to do it properly. Install, fly a little and then install again. That way if anything goes wrong, you have a better chance of discovering the culprit. IMO it's the same with tweaking too...

Oh my..I am still reinstalling all my ORBX stuff. I have bought every ORBX title now so this is my first reinstall with so many titles.....This has now become the longest portion of this process for me. :o

For now I am just going to get Australia and all Aussia airports going, I will do the North America stuff tomorrow.

But in the mean time Prepar3D and ORBX PNW demo is working great so I am using that as a break from reinstalling FSX

Cheers :D

Ive decided to install fsx again and me addons, fps decided to take a nose dive at bowerman to 20fps and combined with the cloud issue its the best thing to do for me at this time.

This time im defraging as i go to see what difference that makes after every aircraft and scenery install and test to make sure they are ok :)

Archived