USB Yoke and Pedals

chumley

I have the Ch Yoke and Pedals.

I use them for both FS9 and FSX and have calibrated them with a registered copy of FSUIPC.

Recently I reformatted my dribve and reinstalled Vista Ultimate 32 bit version and both iterations of FS.

Since the reinstall I have, on a number of occasions, after loading FS found that both the yoke and the pedals are not operating and it takes a disconnection and reconnection to get them operational. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so do they have a suggestion as to a fix.

Thanks

Aybe

Thanks guys.

I have disabled the devices in FS and calibrated using FSUIPC.

The comments about standy and disabling USB devices may be part of the problem but would that carry across when the system is rebooted?

Anyway, there is a simple fix by unplugging as suggested.

Cheers

Aybe

The presence of "FSUIPC" has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with whether the Yoke works or not. You MUST assign all AXIS and BUTTONS within the Sim. 

Nothin more and nothing Less  The Profiler for the Saitek Yoke I have found causes more problems than it is worth and is now Not installed on my PC.

For Advanced functions FSUPIC is of benifit yes but for basic operation it is NOT at all necessary.

Has anyone bothered to tell Pete Dowson?

The difference between FS calibration and FSUIPC calibration is akin to the difference between a kitchen knife and a scalpel.

With FSUIPC one can get much finer calibration of the toe brakes in particular and the throttle reverse thrust.

I can live with unplugging and replugging a couple of USB cables if that is what it takes.

Thanks

Aybe

Yes I too have had no problems whatever with the Saitek Profiler - I have all modes operational, and individual profiles for each type of plane are readily achievable.

PS There was a bit of a learning curve involved.

Cheers.

Archived