The ButtKicker Gamer

Now I know this is blatant advertising and John, Jay and other mods please feel free to give me a nice slap on the toosh if it's totally inappropriate but I am excited!!  :)

I've just received new pricing for The ButtKicker Gamer and it's been heavily reduced! Now down to $199.00 from $297.95. This is one awesome bit of kit and really enhances immersion, you actually feel the bumps in the runway, the hum of the engines, the transitions of the landing gear and flaps....

Take a look: http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=81&products_id=451

PC Pilot Review: http://www.mittoni.com.au/downloads/ButtkickerGamer-Review.pdf

Well I have just purchased the AI sound pack from FSS and when I crank up the subwoofer on my speakers and watch AI coming in to land, I can hear the "thump" of the wheels as they make contact. I can just imagine how in-my-face that would be with the ButtKicker!

ok just so you know how retarded I am, Adrian and I were on MSN today with him giving me the measurements to see if it will fit under the seat in my squad car. lol. Some people who read this will be like WTF but the ones who get it will be laughing.

It does  esspecially if you have a full 7.1 sound out put that will allow the normal vibration freq's 100Hz down to be routed to the Buttkicker and not the SubWoofers themselves.

I have a Homedics iCush and that is wicked I just need to build a frequency separation amp to drive it from Very Low Frequencies.

If I can be excused for dragging the discussion back to the topic ...  ;)

Can someone tell me how you connect your headphones or speakers up if the ButtKicker is connected to the sound output?

Also, are there any other users here who have this device? I'd like to hear what you think about it, especially with Father's Day coming up  ;)

Greg

I have mine plugged into the sound card jack and the desktop  8)speakers plugged into the cables that come with the Buttkicker.

I have been using an eDimensional chair that cost me over $800 several years ago (to bring out from the States via FedEx) and although it was damned hard on the butt (seat had little padding) it was excellent for short flights - but the Buttkicker, although minus sound as per the eDimensional Chair, is worth every cent. The chair is now residing in the garage waiting for a new owner (I suppose).

The Buttkicker is the way to go in my books.

John G

I made an active amplifier/frequency filter to run the VERY low End Sound like ripple strips bumps etc and UC Thumps and the softer vibrations like engine to a early Homedics iCush which is me for driving Simulations BUT works well for Aviation too, it sounds very like the eDimential Chair. There are other products like this around too like the iVibe as well.

I'll do a review soon if my BKG arrives today and knowing Adrians Service it probably will. :)

The BKG arrived yesterday Arvo late delivered by the Local Courier, I'll tell you now if ANYONE has a bad word to say about Adrians dispatch and response times would have to be a complete ID10T.

Initial response after a rough setup (note to self Tidy up Office) prior to tucking things away neatly, HOLY SNAPPIN DUCK SHIT, I thought the iCush was good but the 2 in combination is absolutely wicked. Not flown yet but from a driving perspective in rFactor and the Porche Carrera's around Mt Panorama.  you get to FEEL everything from axel hop and ripple strips to the gravel and grass if you stray from the blacktop, the thumps as the brakes let go after a lockup and MANY MANY other nuances that your not really aware of but the Active Amplifier Filter in the BKG and it's switchable Hi and Lo frequency cutoff is awesome.

Looks like I need to do a proper review over the weekend to include flying too.

Thanks Adrian , your customer service leaves many others in your wake.

Are you guys able to order from the US?  These go for $99 at US based sites, like Amazon. I also saw it for $59 at a Canadian site.

Yes true but I've heard rumours of inferior copies being flogged to OS customers from US dealer's. I get a few bits and bobs on occasions from the US BUT there is a freight element and this in some instances will KILL YA. So you need to be VERY careful.

Some of Adrians pricing is VERY competitive some not (this of course will depend on turnover and supply prices too) , BUT IMHO the quote below sums up my philosophy - I take a quote from another company that I think is VERY applicable to The Flight Sim Store.

I quote

" Long after the price has been forgotten - The quality of service will always be remembered "

I feel sure that if we where posible give Adrian our trade then we will eventually be the winners.

My Comments here are personal and have NOT been solicited in ANY way or form by The Flight Sim Store.

MK

I agree, it is Adrians service that wins me over too. I have had nothing but good experience, and I dont have to wait up to 28 days for delivery. Also Amazon will not ship electronic items outside of the US and Canada, I believe there is some trade restriction. I found this out when trying to procure my flight yoke a couple of yrs ago.

Cheers

My question though, what kind of chair do you need for this? Will any kind of chair do or is there a specific type needed ie four legged, will it fit with a pedestal type chair??

Hi Paul,

Take a look at the product page, it has images of how it can be attached to any standard office chair. Then take a look at the video which shows how the reviewer mounted on his sim-pod. With a little creativity it can be mounted almost anywhere.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=451

Paul while I'm sure you have all read various reviews and so on regarding this product I'm going to  do up some sort of a Forum Member Simmer type review of the BKG so you can see all and sundry with images of my setup and how it is connected etc, possibly and if I can get my Video Camera working even a short Multimedia file.

Thanks Adrian, and Mozz, I must admit I have seen the photos but never really was that interested in the product until reading the posts here. As I read more from my fellow members the more I am interested.

Mozz, I do await your review of BKG to see what you think, also I am interested in knowing if this product is beneficial for pilots who do long haul trips. Not to put a dampener on your post, Adrian, by no means, but as it is more suited to (as stated unless I misunderstood), GA aircraft and where you are more subject to lower winds and grassy strips, is this product suited to GA flying over long haul, airliner flying.

Just after the honest assessment as I know I will always get from you guys. If it isn't suited to me then I will have to buy something else from you lol.

Anyway look forward to the review, Mozz.

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I'd say it suited to both GA and airliner flying. While there's bass frequencies being output by your audio card there's vibration to be felt by the ButtKicker. Engine hum, flap and gear transitions etc. To be honest I haven't experienced it in anything larger than a Citation X but I found in that aircraft it was no less enjoyable than in a 172 or little Katana DA-20.

Perhaps Mozz you can include a comparison in your review.

The BKG arrived yesterday Arvo late delivered by the Local Courier, I'll tell you now if ANYONE has a bad word to say about Adrians dispatch and response times would have to be a complete ID10T.

Initial response after a rough setup (note to self Tidy up Office) prior to tucking things away neatly, HOLY SNAPPIN DUCK SHIT, I thought the iCush was good but the 2 in combination is absolutely wicked. Not flown yet but from a driving perspective in rFactor and the Porche Carrera's around Mt Panorama.  you get to FEEL everything from axel hop and ripple strips to the gravel and grass if you stray from the blacktop, the thumps as the brakes let go after a lockup and MANY MANY other nuances that your not really aware of but the Active Amplifier Filter in the BKG and it's switchable Hi and Lo frequency cutoff is awesome.

Looks like I need to do a proper review over the weekend to include flying too.

Thanks Adrian , your customer service leaves many others in your wake.

Maurice, any more comments on the flight test yet? With Fathers Day coming up there could be a rare window of opportunity for some of us to get an off-budget funds allocation from our respective Chancellor of the Exchequer ;-)

BTW, I've been trying your suggestion of coaxing FSX to output to the woofer channel on my sound card, but it's not showing the faintest interest in doing so. I guess the go must be to wire up the headphones in parallel. I hope the frequency discrimination is good enough to filter out voice. I don't want those VATPAC ATCs vibrating my chair  ;)

Greg

I'm feverishly trying to button things up so I can present a complete review BUT a sneak peek.

" ....  BUT I will say that with careful tuning  I flew the Carenado Cessna 210, 182 and then later the Mooney and after that the Flight One Software Pilatus PC-12 . To which I will reiterate the phrase I uttered at the first Impression.  " Holy Snappin Duck Shit Batman ".

For anyone that has actually strapped into the left or right Hand seat of a 182, 172 etc the feeling are so faithfully reproduced (within the confines of what can be done this way )  and if your sound pack has TRUE quality then the subtle nuances I felt I almost wasn't aware of until after an hour flight and careful tuning as previously described.

I landed and taxied in then parked upon shutting down properly - ie advance the throttle just off the stop 1000-1200 RPM with the Park brake set cut the mixture.  Well my seat was barely perceptively vibrating but as the engine slowed to a stop there was significant shaking and general Airframe shudder (due mainly to the accuracy of the sound pack from Caranado ) as the low frequencies stopped so did the vibrations. I can honestly say this so faithfully reproduced what I know of a 182, 172 that I was stunned especially as the Prop came to a stop the gentle and even subtle vibration was replaced as the sounds died away with a few brief thumps coinciding with the VERY low Bass sounds as the engine stopped.

So gentle is the vibration and tireless are some of the tiny effects that you ( if you carefully tune the frequency and Power level in the BKG ) that you really don't realise just how much information you soaking up with my backside that I really wasn't aware of until I had landed.

example :- Remember when your tired and been on the road for some time traveling say traveling interstate at holiday time and you pull up for a cat nap you are suddenly aware of how quiet things are with no road noise and vibration well this was the same sort of sensation.  """

I was immediately transported back to some of my flights in western Queensland flying from gravel and grass strips with the thumps and rattles across the ground when I did a mercy Dash in the PC 12 out of Charleville but you'll have to wait for that. 

I am really interested to see how this performs from a helo perspective, as in if you can feel the skids touching the ground etc and especially with the advanced models as there is quite a bit of shaking on idle up on some of them.  Unfortunately I think that this will be mainly dependant on how accurate the flight model is so I think my best shot is with the EC135 from nemeth or an Alphasim product but I will let you know as soon as I have it and get it installed.

Archived