~SHADE~

Mark Abdey

Terrain light app from Steve Hingley aka Gizmo is now avilible from Adrian at FSS

http://www.flightsim...bcn1n0gefd1v4a1

A few shots showing the effect of this program on FTX terrain, which helps define Holgers fine mesh, esp. in low sun conditions. You can control a full range of shadow / highlight balance and hue, to rather stunning affect.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for looking.

Wow Mark, those are some very nice shots! Do you have to totally uninstall shade to disable it? It would be great to see some before / after shots to see the dramatic comparison.

Now all we need are cloud shadows... Tim? ::)

Here is his blog site for more info http://shadeforfsx.blogspot.com/

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Hi guys,

does this have an effect on performance in any way? I recently "upgraded" to a (not so) new anymore i5 2500k system and have no problems in running my Orbx sceneries.

With my old computer (E8400, OC to 4ghz), I tried out the ENB series and was not able to fly, because frames dropped in every config. I tried out. So is this tool similar to the ENB series thing when it comes to how it works and affects performance?

The pictures look awesome and the price is too, actually ! So I might be off to buy as well..... !

Thanks you for answers !

Hi

After running this I cant say I have noticed any frame rate hit. Another answer for you is that Shade injects the effects into FSX just before FSX starts and then removes them again when FSX shuts down. If you are using another program that strarts FSX like frame limiter then you can have the shade injected manually. I am now using FSX go to change the spash screen, start shade and then start frame unlimiter. At the moment straight put of the box I am finding shade just a fraction too dark but that simply means a few alterations in shades setup menu.

Ken

Yeah, there is NO frame rate hit.... there are lots of presets Ken some lighter than others, and of course you can make your own to taste. Personally I like it lighter around noon, saving the deeper shades for dawn and dusk... due to the way FSX works, there is a lot of blending between TOD's.

Thanks for all the comments, glad you like the shots, and the app.

Hi

After running this I cant say I have noticed any frame rate hit. Another answer for you is that Shade injects the effects into FSX just before FSX starts and then removes them again when FSX shuts down. If you are using another program that strarts FSX like frame limiter then you can have the shade injected manually. I am now using FSX go to change the spash screen, start shade and then start frame unlimiter. At the moment straight put of the box I am finding shade just a fraction too dark but that simply means a few alterations in shades setup menu.

Ken

• 1 month later...

Archived